Author Topic: Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Olivia

Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
A change to the Marine Corps’ uniform hats could take the hard-nosed Leathernecks from the Halls of Montezuma to the shops of Christopher Street.

Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a “unisex” look for the Corps, officials are on the verge of swapping out the Marines’ iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so “girly” that they would make the French blush.

“We don’t even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women’s hats!” one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. “The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous.”

The thin new hats have a feminine line that some officials think would make them look just as good on female marines as on males — in keeping with the Obama directive.
-----
Officials have until Friday to cast their votes on whether to adopt them or keep the old hat with modifications. Marine Corps head Gen. James Amos will make the final decision.

According to a memo obtained by The Post, replacing the hats could cost over $8 million.

A poll of a Marine uniform advisory board found that “The group members did not like the appearance of the Dan Daly cap on the male Marine.”

http://nypost.com/2013/10/23/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/

Pics at link.  Guess Obama wants the transgendered & gays to be satisfied with their looks.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:36:38 pm »
It is also rumored that the Marines will be instructed to incorporate new close-order drills into their training regimens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=25Qhbdijv5Y
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Olivia

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »
It is also rumored that the Marines will be instructed to incorporate new close-order drills into their training regimens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=25Qhbdijv5Y

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:46:15 pm »
Thanks for the smile, andy!  :silly: :silly:

What is wrong with the current covers? Gloriously impractical and look equally good on men and women.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:31 pm »
From the NY Post story:
... But some Marines love the old hat, which has been in use since 1922 and think the new hat is a glorified “porter’s cap.”

“The Dan Daly cap looks too French, and the last people we want to associate our Marines with would be the French military,” wrote one commenter on the Marine Times Web site.

As of now, the new hats are only in the proposal stage. ...
:silly:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 12:50:53 pm »
We all know Obama is no lover of the military.  Will he change the uniform colors to pink to complete the debasement? :bash:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 12:51:53 pm »
It does dovetail with something we have often discussed - most recently as last night.

The break down of the military into a subservient or futile agent. One of the easiest ways of doing that is to destroy the unit history, one tradition at a time.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 12:57:59 pm »
Now our soldiers can look all poofy in their silly hats while they learn that Christians and tea party folk are the enemy!
Soldiers attending a pre-deployment briefing at Fort Hood say they were told that evangelical Christians and members of the Tea Party were a threat to the nation and that any soldier donating to those groups would be subjected to punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. ...
G'day, Bruce, mind if I call you Bruce? No poofters!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:04 pm »
It does dovetail with something we have often discussed - most recently as last night.

The break down of the military into a subservient or futile agent. One of the easiest ways of doing that is to destroy the unit history, one tradition at a time.

I had a similar discussion with a couple of friends last week, as regards Obama's replacement of the command structure with his own loyalists, while changing long-standing military doctrine to reflect both the Progressive world-view and liberal social policy. Attempts to make enlisted members less prideful of their history and appearance, and more directly subservient to the C-I-C's political agenda would very much seem to dovetail with the other actions we've witnessed.

Toward what end? One wonders.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »

Read Mein Kampf. >:D

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 01:12:30 pm »
Attempts to make enlisted members less prideful of their history and appearance, and more directly subservient to the C-I-C's political agenda would very much seem to dovetail with the other actions we've witnessed.

We could speculate. Over here it was done, very methodically during my time in, to break two regiments completely and reduce the size of the army with no single politician getting their hands dirty. Kitchener used the same technique in WW1 to reduce the importance and influence of line regiments on military policy, compared to "Kitcheners Army."

It has a slightly different effect here - you guys have military bases, we have military towns, with regimental associations going back hundreds of years.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 01:17:23 pm »

The old hats (left) compared to the new ones (right).
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »
They do look rather like kepi's , don't they.

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »
They do look rather like kepi's , don't they.

Kepis came from the French, didn't they?  Another slap in the face of the military. :chairbang:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 05:27:42 pm »
Kepis came from the French, didn't they?  Another slap in the face of the military. :chairbang:

Not totally. Kepi's are French Foreign Legion. Tough asses and to be admired.

Just - not traditional for US Marines, who have their own pride, their own traditions, their own subculture (and yeah, they can be arrogant, but nothing the odd friendly brawl doesn't fix, rapidly!)  :laugh:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 05:29:58 pm »
Meanwhile, we can't feed them properly at FOB's in the sand boxes.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 05:39:52 pm »
Meanwhile, we can't feed them properly at FOB's in the sand boxes.

Ford will know better - but that is our dear Michelle.

What does an adult male need? About 3000 calories a day for moderate work. Out there, you will lose weight so fast on that you'll blame evil magicians. You need about 3 times that with the heat, the intense work outs, the training and (if you'll excuse the phrase) the constant shitting. I lost 40 lbs in 4 weeks - and I wasn't doing anything particularly strenuous. Hauling cases, driving and walking very fast everywhere (never run. It is like tempting bears)

Sitting in a comfortably air conditioned base, maybe doing one round of training per day, the 3000 calories is just fine and any more gets you piling on the fat like a prize hog.

So - one size fits all has become the norm. The "standard" number of calories has been dictated from on high by people who have never missed a meal in their life and who's necks look like jellyfish trying to escape their shirts.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »

The old hats (left) compared to the new ones (right).
To my eyes, the pair on the left look like soldiers.

The pair on the right look more like crossing guards. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 06:16:42 pm »
Oh dear God no!    Looks like a bellhop.     I may get my jaw busted for slipping one a dollar to carry my luggage.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:17:00 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »
I joined the Navy when  Adm. Zumwalt drastically changed the Navy uniforms (with Jimmy Carters approval). He did away with the crackerjack uniform, all now all enlisted wore the same basic uniform that had been reserved for CPO's. Black suit jacket, black pants, white police stile cover.  Dungarees were replaced by a horrible color blue polyester shirt and slacks and ball cap that turned out melted to your skin in a fire.  I can still remember all the navy people who hated the change. Part of their tradition was gone. Well the dungarees and crackerjacks came back (Under Reagan) when they could see the recruitment numbers drastically drop.    The uniform they offer is a huge draw factor.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Olivia

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 09:23:54 pm »
The only thing Obama has on his plate is to worry about the shape of a marine's hat?
Typical community organizer mentality!  :blank:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 09:44:40 pm »
The only thing Obama has on his plate is to worry about the shape of a marine's hat?
Typical community organizer mentality!  :blank:

Col. Cowan was on Cavuto and pointed out the military claims they have no money for fuel, but they have $8 million to waste on hats?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 09:57:34 pm »
Does anybody still wonder if our military is being emasculated?  Deliberately and systematically.  Chesty Puller is rolling in his grave.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 10:28:21 pm »
Is it just me or do those hats resemble these from the French Foreign Legion?

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 10:29:01 pm »
Is it just me or do those hats resemble these from the French Foreign Legion?

Yep, Cavuto was showing pics on his show.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776