Author Topic: Joh Stewart a conservative darling for zinging Obamacare  (Read 877 times)

rangerrebew

Joh Stewart a conservative darling for zinging Obamacare
« on: October 24, 2013, 11:06:19 am »

Jon Stewart a Conservative Darling for Zinging Obamacare (Video)

Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 01:36 PM

By Alexandra Ward

Conservatives have found an unlikely hero in Jon Stewart after the host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" continues to zing President Barack Obama, Secretary of Health Kathleen Sebelius, and the glitch-riddled HealthCare.gov rollout this week on his satirical news show.

The rocky introduction of HealthCare.gov has garnered some blunt criticism from Stewart, who again on Monday bashed the website where consumers can sign up for Obamacare.

So far, Stewart has compared Obama to "Gil," the unfortunate salesman from "The Simpsons," freaked out about the site's broken calculator ("The one thing that's been included in computers since 1972 — you couldn't make THAT work?"), and gone toe-to-toe with Sebelius.

Editor's Note:  ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?

"I'm going to try and download every movie ever made, and you're going to try to sign up for Obamacare, and we'll see which happens first," he challenged her last week.

Several conservative news outlets, including The Blaze and Fox Nation, have mentioned Stewart's segments, and Republican political action committee America Rising even highlighted his comments on Twitter this week.

Last week during an interview with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, Republican Rep. Sean Duffy of Wisconsin also cited Stewart, TheBlaze.com noted.

"One issue we have, the media won't ask the question about why are you treating families different than big business," he said. "You need Jon Stewart on Comedy Central to ask Secretary Sebelius, 'Hey, why won't you treat these two equally?' and she won't answer it. That's how pathetic news reporting has come when they won't ask tough questions to the administration."

Obama addressed the problems with HealthCare.gov Monday during a speech in the White House Rose Garden.

"The point is the essence of the law, the health insurance that's available to people, is working just fine. In some cases, actually, it's exceeding expectations. The prices are lower than we expected. The choice is greater than we expected," he said.

"But the problem has been that the website that's supposed to make it easy to apply for and purchase the insurance is not working the way it should for everybody... Precisely because the product is good, I want the cash registers to work, I want the checkout lines to be smooth, so I want people to be able to get this great product. And there's no excuse for the problems. And these problems are getting fixed."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/jon-stewart-conservative-darling-zing/2013/10/23/id/532674?promo_code=10E2A-1&utm_source=10E2AWaznmentobe&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1#ixzz2idWLmfYR
 Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!