Author Topic: WashPost Poll: 78% Didn’t Miss Government During Shutdown  (Read 1137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WashPost Poll: 78% Didn’t Miss Government During Shutdown
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:07:54 pm »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/washpost-poll-78-didn-t-miss-government-during-shutdown

WashPost Poll: 78% Didn’t Miss Government During Shutdown
October 22, 2013 - 2:21 PM
By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - A large majority of Americans say they did not miss the federal government when it was partially shutdown during the first half of October, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released today.

The survey conducted Oct. 17-20 asked 1,002 adults: “Were you personally inconvenienced by the partial shutdown of the federal government or not?”

If the person said they were inconvenienced, the survey asked this followup: “Was it a major inconvenience or a minor inconvenience?”

78 percent said that they were not inconvenienced by the partial shutdown of the government. Of the 22 percent who said they were inconvenienced, 11 percent said it was a major inconvenience and 11 percent said it was a minor inconvenience.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: WashPost Poll: 78% Didn’t Miss Government During Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 05:52:19 pm »
Only the 90 year old WWII vets who were going to see their Memorial for the last time were hurt.

Thanks to the punk who ISN'T a Commander in Chief.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »
I was  inconvenienced.   Had to hide my beer until my government worker little brother was being paid again. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:18:15 pm »
That 11% majorly inconvenienced bugs me. Is that not the rough percentage of those working for the Fedgov?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »
I was in the other 11% -- the minorly inconvenienced. The guy responsible for posting the week-by-week output for one of the NWS's long-range models (the CFSv2) was furloughed. The model was still running but it wasn't going out on the Internet.

You would think they'd've figured out how to automate that whole process... especially considering the entire rest of the NWS was kept working during the shutdown!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:40:11 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024