Author Topic: Report: State Exchange Enrollments Mostly Medicaid, Not Private Insurance Plans  (Read 849 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

How did the most transparent administration in history ever allow information like this to get out?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
In other words, a bunch of leeches signed up.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

In other words, a bunch of leeches signed up.

This also means these were people already eligible for medicaid and likely too dense to know to sign up for medicaid before now... BTW being in medicaid is no cakewalk, they do create more government jobs because the people on medicaid have social workers assigned to them...

Also... good luck finding a doctor.... very few doctors take medicaid patients these days because they are a money loser.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
A similar story has happened in New York, where 23,717 signed up for Medicaid and 13,313 signed up for all of the other private insurers combined. Keep in mind, New York's Medicaid is the Cadillac of Medicaid programs, with some of the most generous benefits available. Already the counties are straining at the expense of funding it (the state and counties split the difference 50/50 even though the counties never had a hand in approving it). This Obamacare program is going to have a rough impact on taxes if this continues.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/state/many-obamacare-enrollees-in-ny-go-to-medicaid-20131024

Offline musiclady

And I think the Obama administration is bragging that these people "signed up for Obamacare" as part of their success story ..........right??
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:38:56 PM by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf