Author Topic: Tea Party activist launches primary challenge to Boehner  (Read 1720 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Tea Party activist launches primary challenge to Boehner
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »
This guy seems like the real deal too.

As Speaker John A. Boehner (R.-Ohio) struggles with the budget crisis, a Troy, Ohio schoolteacher and Tea Party activist announced Sept. 30 he will challenge Boehner in the 2014 GOP primary.

Joseph D. “J.D.” Winteregg, who is a founder of the Ohio Accountability Project, a grassroots organization in Ohio-8, a congressional district bordering Indiana, said he is motivated by the gulf between the interests and values of the district and Boehner.

It is a gulf exasperated by the Speaker’s concern for national issues, which has come to mean that although the district’s congressman is the Speaker of the House, the district is without a congressman, he said.

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/10/01/tea-party-activist-launches-primary-challenge-to-boehner/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Tea Party activist launches primary challenge to Boehner
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:54:59 pm »
He's a public school teacher. Consider me suspicious.

This guy looks like the kind of guy the Democrats support so that it humiliates their opponent by taking out their leader. He has "fake Tea Party" written all over him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 04:23:09 pm »

This guy looks like the kind of guy the Democrats support so that it humiliates their opponent by taking out their leader. He has "fake Tea Party" written all over him.

Everything I can find points to his being legit. Not all public school teachers are libs (my wife isn't). I suspect that profession splits along the same lines as every other professional group. It is the administration that I've found to be overwhelmingly liberal.

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:21:54 pm »
The majority of teachers in my community that I have met are conservatives. Ohio has many conservative areas and I imagine conservative teachers. I agree that most administrators in public schools can be pretty liberal not all their teachers are though.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:33:58 pm »
There need to be several "true conservatives" run against Boehner, to split the votes.

Does Ohio have an open, or closed primary?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »

We have a fellow running here for the school board who is a substitute public school teacher and a strongly committed Christian Conservative. He's a member of the Tea Party and our subcommittee on Agenda 21. In addition he recently made the local news for joining with the Gideons and handing out free Bibles across the street from a local middle school (Oh! the horror!).

Naturally I support him but figure he hasn't got a chance in hell.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:55:58 pm »
Well, I must be living in a different world because around here, almost all of the public school teachers are dyed-in-the-wool liberal Democrats. On top of that, all of my friends who went to college to become teachers, even the ones that were staunch conservatives beforehand, are now also liberals. It was heartbreaking seeing my best friend-- who I specifically warned that this could happen-- fall into the trap. I didn't speak to her for years, although fortunately we are on good terms again.

Maybe it's the fact that the area I'm from is quite poor with very few quality jobs, but even a rookie teacher around here makes more than most of the taxpayers who fund their salary. It's a grievous disconnect: well-paid teachers demanding more and more money that the people just don't have.

Needless to say, I don't trust them. 'Course, I didn't trust Ted Cruz either (my rule of life #3 is never trust a Harvard grad) and he's turned out very good so far.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:00:46 pm »
Well, I must be living in a different world because around here, almost all of the public school teachers are dyed-in-the-wool liberal Democrats. On top of that, all of my friends who went to college to become teachers, even the ones that were staunch conservatives beforehand, are now also liberals. It was heartbreaking seeing my best friend-- who I specifically warned that this could happen-- fall into the trap. I didn't speak to her for years, although fortunately we are on good terms again.

Are you in a State like NY or Pennsylvania where the only people who are allowed to teach are those who are a member of XYZ union of their area, no matter your qualifications? That would that explain a lot, it is also an indoctrination center where articles are constantly being passed around, you are constantly sent to conferences, and you are always pressured to be a good union liberal.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:01:24 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:17:07 pm »
Indeed, western New York, home of the highest property taxes in America.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »
A well spoken conservative running against Boner WILL have positive effect regardless of the outcome of the race!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 11:30:35 pm »
Indeed, western New York, home of the highest property taxes in America.