Author Topic: Dick Durbin: GOP leader told Obama ‘I cannot even stand to look at you’  (Read 1348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=F46CA7D6-908E-4401-AB2D-5E4521152647

Dick Durbin: GOP leader told Obama ‘I cannot even stand to look at you’
By: Tal Kopan
October 23, 2013 06:23 AM EDT

The No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, Sen. Dick Durbin, says that a House Republican leader told off President Barack Obama during a negotiation meeting, and that they are so disrespectful it’s practically impossible to have a conversation with them.

“In a ‘negotiation’ meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told the president: ‘I cannot even stand to look at you,’” Durbin wrote in a post on his Facebook page over the weekend.

Calling a government shutdown strategy from Republicans “disastrous,” Durbin did not specify which leader made the comment, what the context was or how the president responded.

The Senate majority whip offered the comment as rebuttal to the Republican argument that Obama does not do enough to communicate with Republicans, essentially saying to do so is impossible.

“What are the chances of an honest conversation with someone who has just said something so disrespectful?” Durbin wrote.

The office of House Speaker John Boehner, Durbin’s office and the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

I reckon Derby is projecting his thoughts again. I bet he hates Obama for the mess and is too much of a coward to say so.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Senator Durbin: Respect is earned, not owed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

If the D's and R's were reversed, the comment would need names, and documentation or it would either be ignored, or ruthlessly mocked.

With the current situation, even though Durbin is a known liar, it's reported. Why? Obamacare is a mess, we need to reinforce the characterization of R's as racists, in an effort to blame the Obamacare implosion on the R's.

Offline aligncare

Unassailably true, E. Winning an election is virtually meaningless. Rising to the office however, is how a man earns his respect. Has Barry respected the constitutional office? No.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is telling the truth a sin now???

I can't stand to look at the SOB either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Unassailably true, E. Winning an election is virtually meaningless. Rising to the office however, is how a man earns his respect. Has Barry respected the constitutional office? No.

I respect the office. The person holding it - not always.

I was so hopeful in '08! Not the hope and change hopeful, that was always BS hype, just had hopes that some of the divisions in race and opportunity would finally disappear for good. That MLK's dream would actually become a reality in my life time.

That turned out worse than expected. Racial equality in the US is worse now than it was in the 50s. I suppose you could say in one respect it is better - now all voters are disdained equally. That is progress, of a sort.

America has turned in on itself. Where is the grand passion that put men on the moon, turned wilderness into homes and a large but ineffectual country into a global powerhouse? I see flickers of that passion here. That "We can do anything" drive.
Then I go outside and see people in their little cocoons of electronics.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

Wow, who knew!  I guess I'm a "GOP leader", too! 

For a while now I've turned down the volume when his sound bites are played on the news.  I'm under no obligation to listen to a man who is so incredibly condescending.  I respect his office by obeying the law even if I disagree with it, but personal respect is earned.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".