Author Topic: Capitol update: W.H. Staff pushing back against Jarrett over Sebelius resignation?  (Read 2107 times)

rangerrebew

CAPITOL UPDATE: W.H. Staff Pushing Back Against Jarrett Over Sebelius Resignation?

by Ulsterman on October 22, 2013  with 7 Comments in News

Hmmmm…a rather interesting little tidbit from R.I.  Are there actually White House Staff willing to take on the de facto President of the United States?

Heard this morning of a heated discussion/yelling match between Pete Rouse and Valerie Jarrett over the increasingly possible and impending Sebelius resignation.  Jarrett wants her to stay put, but Rouse, who I know is cozy with quite a few legislators here on the Hill, is apparently demanding Sebelius go sooner not later.  As in last week.

The two apparently did a back and forth thing throughout the afternoon yesterday that had everyone else at the White House walking on eggshells, and various versions of the conflict making its way back here.  Some versions called it a disagreement, while one version had them literally screaming at each other for about ten minutes inside of Rouse’s office.  If true, I was told that would be very out of character for Pete Rouse.  He is supposed to be a very low key out of the picture kind of guy who does most of his talking through internal memos.

At any rate, I personally know of at least ten House Democrats and three Senate Democrats already willing to be a part of some kind of delay of Obamacare for at least six months.  There are a lot more than that who want Sebelius gone as a way of protecting both the president and the party.  They need a face to hang all of this chaos on.

So far it seems Jarrett has held them back.  Will be interesting if Rouse can use his connections with Congress to bypass her.

Start popping the corn.  This could get interesting!

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/10/22/capitol-update-w-h-staff-pushing-back-against-jarrett-over-sebelius-resignation/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:19:41 am by rangerrebew »

Offline happyg

Obama is afraid of Jarrett. The only way Kathleen will go is at the request from down the line. Soros comes to mind.

Offline Relic

I would be afraid of Jarrett... she is evil incarnate.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I would be afraid of Jarrett... she is evil incarnate.

No, my friend.

Evil is not to be feared. It is to be pitied, then disposed of as neatly as possible.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

No, my friend.

Evil is not to be feared. It is to be pitied, then disposed of as neatly as possible.

As a conservative I'm represented by less than 1/2 of a minority.
I am powerless vs. the likes of Jarrett. I'm learning what it feels like to live in a communist state.
Keep my head down, stay out of the way, stay aware, and do my best to live as well as possible.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
As a conservative I'm represented by less than 1/2 of a minority.
I am powerless vs. the likes of Jarrett. I'm learning what it feels like to live in a communist state.
Keep my head down, stay out of the way, stay aware, and do my best to live as well as possible.

You know, I was told almost those identical words by someone else. Only the words Jarrett and communist was changed.

It was in the middle of a bombed out village east of Damascus.

We are not the minority, globally. I think it is time to bring back the Silent Majority. The people who simply want to live their lives.

Offline Relic

We are not the minority, globally. I think it is time to bring back the Silent Majority. The people who simply want to live their lives.

It is chilling to me the number of people brought up much like I was, in a comfortable, middle class, midwest state, that feel the government not only can but should regulate our lives. As long as it's "good for us", and the government is always benevolent in their eyes. The net result is, by proxy, these people, who are much like me, want to run my life. Government indoctrination has changed these people in a disturbing way.

Amazing that these same people who give Congress historic low approval ratings put their faith in that same government. That is all you need to know about the quality of thought among the American public.

We are a minority, where it counts, right here in America. We are being over run, and all we can do is try to be smarter than our communist neighbors and live as best we can through the transition.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
At the risk of shunning here - I have seen first hand what happens to people when government breaks down and the power mad take over. Or worse - no one takes over.

Government has it's place. It should not regulate every jot and tittle of you life - think of it more like Dave Brubeck. Everyone playing the same song, but with their own flourishes and grace notes. Adding to the whole, not marching in lock step.

I like jazz  :tongue2: It is a good metaphor for life.

Offline mountaineer

Our nation's founders clearly believed government had a role. They didn't believe it was to control every aspect of citizens' lives, however. Can you imagine Jefferson's reaction had someone proposed to him that the role of government is to tell parents what their children are permitted to eat?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Our nation's founders clearly believed government had a role. They didn't believe it was to control every aspect of citizens' lives, however. Can you imagine Jefferson's reaction had someone proposed to him that the role of government is to tell parents what their children are permitted to eat?

Considering he was a wee bit testy and pretty handy with his sword - it'd make millions on pay per view.  :laugh:

I know what you mean though.

Not knocking Jefferson - he's by way of being a relative on my mothers side - or indeed any of the founders (Except Hancock - he was working under false pretenses originally, so sod him) but the entire character of your Republic is George Washington. The guy who could literally have been king of the United States and who turned it down for the good of the nation.

Can you see wee Barry Obama having the guts,and gall to refuse that?

Offline Rapunzel

The twitter guy who turned out to be inside the administration made some real slam posts about Jarrett - and likely they are what got him fired.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

The twitter guy who turned out to be inside the administration made some real slam posts about Jarrett - and likely they are what got him fired.

I wonder if he was the one feeding Ulsterman?

Offline Rapunzel

I wonder if he was the one feeding Ulsterman?

Good point
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776