Author Topic: Jon Stewart slams Obamacare rollout: democrats can't 'spin this turd'  (Read 2553 times)

rangerrebew

Jon Stewart slams Obamacare rollout: Democrats can’t ‘spin this turd’

Posted By Jeff Poor On 11:20 AM 10/22/2013 In | No Comments

On his Monday night program, Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” anchor Jon Stewart gave a scathing critique of the rollout of Obamacare, saying “Democrats can’t spin this turd.”

Stewart noted that following the government shutdown, which some circles have blamed on the GOP, the United States was poised to turn “bluer than a Smurf’s balls after dry humping a bottle of Windex,” but following the roll out of Obamacare, those possibilities have been hurt. Noting the number of people that have visited the site and their success ratio, the host unloaded:

“Oh my God, less than 10 percent?” Stewart said. “How bad is that? Twenty percent is the number of dentists who recommend sugared gum. How low is it? According to a recent poll, more of this country believes Obamacare has been repealed than have been able to sign up for Obamacare. The whole point of web sites is to design them so that it is nearly impossible to not sign up for something. Every time I go on Amazon there’s a 40 percent chance I’ll mistakenly overnight myself six seasons of ‘Night Court.’ It’s just the way it’s designed. ‘Are you sure you want to leave this page?’ Yes I am — oops, turns out I ordered something. So how are the Democrats going to spin this turd?”

Watch:

Stewart played a clip from New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer from NBC’s “Meet the Press” over the weekend, who spun it as “huge” since 19 million people had visited the site.

“That’s huge,” Stewart said. “You’ve angered a lot of people.”

Follow Jeff on Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/22/jon-stewart-slams-obamacare-rollout-democrats-cant-spin-this-turd/

Offline olde north church

Re: Jon Stewart slams Obamacare rollout: democrats can't 'spin this turd'
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:11:27 pm »
The only reason these breaches of anti-nobama protocol is because he is allowing it.  Someone will pay as the public is misdirected.
As someone mentioned previously, there are no tales of woe among the populace at large.  The focus is placed upon the system's failures, not those who have been hurt by them.  Pavel Trofimovich Morozov as example.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:25:54 pm »
The only reason these breaches of anti-nobama protocol is because he is allowing it.  Someone will pay as the public is misdirected.
As someone mentioned previously, there are no tales of woe among the populace at large.  The focus is placed upon the system's failures, not those who have been hurt by them.  Pavel Trofimovich Morozov as example.

Yep. It also allows the "journalists" to appear to gain credibility by criticizing their lord and savior.
By late summer they will have circled the wagons, and Obamacare will be an amazing gift that only their savior could have given them.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:31:07 pm »
Michael Goodwin, NY Post, comments:
This just in: Team Obama has changed its rallying cry of “Yes We Can” to “No We Can’t.”

Can’t do anything right, that is.

The second term is only 10 months old, but it feels like a decade of failure. It’s been all downhill since the inauguration, and the rollout of ObamaCare suggests things will get worse before they get better. Much worse.

Even Obama’s skill — making speeches before adoring crowds — is a punch line, thanks to Monday’s dreary infomercial. Jon Stewart, who usually reserves his barbs for Republicans, mocked the president’s performance in ways that had to warm Ted Cruz’s heart. When Dems lose Stewart, they’re in deep doo-doo.

The comedian better have paid his taxes
. This White House is not shy about using the IRS to enforce loyalty. And Consumer Reports should look over its shoulder after telling readers to “stay away” from the ObamaCare site until it is fixed.

The computer problems are just the start. The law is a variation on a Ponzi scheme in that it relies on young, healthy new customers to provide insurance companies with the money to pay for treating older, sicker ones.

Because of sweeping dictates on coverage, many potential buyers will face sticker shock. Some will choose to pay a fine instead, further pushing up the cost for those who enroll.

For others, including people in private plans, the law’s impact on premiums, deductibles and co-pays will drive up, not down, the cost of care.

Then there is the cost for the bureaucratic army needed to take over one-sixth of the economy. The expensive tech “surge” Obama promises will add to the estimated $400 million spent on the computer system alone.

All that explains why ObamaCare is his “signature” achievement. It perfectly reflects his arrogance and incompetence.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:33:52 pm »
Yeah, he "lost" Stewart (wink).

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:33:57 pm »

Allowing it? It is being encouraged! Jon Stewart is not a journalist. He is a comedian - and a rather witty one at that. He can always get a laugh out of me.

Sort of reminds me of Cabaret. 1930s Berlin, sex, drink and jokes about the Fuhrer by the MC to distract people from what is going on. A venting mechanism to keep the populace in check. After all, it isn't a problem if you can still complain about it, right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:34:31 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:37:56 pm »
Allowing it? It is being encouraged! Jon Stewart is not a journalist. He is a comedian - and a rather witty one at that. He can always get a laugh out of me.

Sort of reminds me of Cabaret. 1930s Berlin, sex, drink and jokes about the Fuhrer by the MC to distract people from what is going on. A venting mechanism to keep the populace in check. After all, it isn't a problem if you can still complain about it, right?

I'm glad I'm not the only one here that can appreciate Jon Stewart. He smashes the Democrats all the time; he isn't afraid to call anybody out on their BS.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:43:11 pm »

Why would you sit and complain, my friend?
The pain, it will go away
You know it's settled law my friend
Obamacare, the IRS ain't here to play

Death Panels are only rumors you know
Spread by that broad up Alaska way
Obamacare is settled law my friend
Let's hope the pains go away

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »
I'm glad I'm not the only one here that can appreciate Jon Stewart. He smashes the Democrats all the time; he isn't afraid to call anybody out on their BS.

He's good. Smart, witty, does most of his own writing, though he does have writers and researchers. He does tend to favor the liberal side of the spectrum, but no, he will ht anyone that is a good target. He is a comedian. An entertainer. He, himself, claims nothing more but he is proud of what he does. Rightly, in my book.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 12:46:17 pm »
Why would you sit and complain, my friend?
The pain, it will go away
You know it's settled law my friend
Obamacare, the IRS ain't here to play

Death Panels are only rumors you know
Spread by that broad up Alaska way
Obamacare is settled law my friend
Let's hope the pains go away

:thumbsup:

Well played, my friend. Very well played!

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
 The problem with Stewart is a high number of young people think of him as a funny Tom Brokaw rather than a comedian and think the "news" from his is the real thing. 10631

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »
Reading Michael Goodwin is salve for my Obama lesion. Thanks, mountaineer.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »
He's good. Smart, witty, does most of his own writing, though he does have writers and researchers. He does tend to favor the liberal side of the spectrum, but no, he will ht anyone that is a good target. He is a comedian. An entertainer. He, himself, claims nothing more but he is proud of what he does. Rightly, in my book.

Have you heard Stewart about Obamacare??  He's saying right out loud that he WANTS it to work, that he's trying to HELP Obama by supporting it, but that it's so lousy he can't.

He's not just tilting left, EC.  He's hardcore, single-payer.

He just sticks in a few schticks about Democrats to make the stupid children who watch him keep thinking he's a legitimate newsman.

You're right that he's a comedian, but the lie is that he has a following that depends on him for accurate information.

And they don't get it from him any more than they get it from Chris Mathews.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »
The problem with Stewart is a high number of young people think of him as a funny Tom Brokaw rather than a comedian and think the "news" from his is the real thing. 10631

This is EXACTLY right.

His ignorant following think he's legit, and they swallow his line because he's funny.

In his so-called "interview" with Kathleen Sibelius, he called conservatives "crazies."

He's hard-core, and covering it with comedy and an occasional jab to his leaders.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 02:27:21 pm »
Have you heard Stewart about Obamacare??  He's saying right out loud that he WANTS it to work, that he's trying to HELP Obama by supporting it, but that it's so lousy he can't.

He's not just tilting left, EC.  He's hardcore, single-payer.

He just sticks in a few schticks about Democrats to make the stupid children who watch him keep thinking he's a legitimate newsman.

You're right that he's a comedian, but the lie is that he has a following that depends on him for accurate information.

And they don't get it from him any more than they get it from Chris Mathews.

True, My Lady. Yet he, himself claims to be no more than an entertainer. I judge him more on the quality of his writing and comedy - I started out my writing career in comedy, so that is important to me. I can separate the man from the message.

He's good. Unlike Tingles, who is so sadly pathetic that watching his program is probably one of the 9 rings of Hell.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 02:44:05 pm »
True, My Lady. Yet he, himself claims to be no more than an entertainer. I judge him more on the quality of his writing and comedy - I started out my writing career in comedy, so that is important to me. I can separate the man from the message.

He's good. Unlike Tingles, who is so sadly pathetic that watching his program is probably one of the 9 rings of Hell.

I'll grant that he's funny.

But I don't see him doing anything to make sure his young devotees realize that he's just a comedian.  NOT a news reporter.

And in that, there is dishonesty.