Author Topic: Politicians' Extortion Racket  (Read 727 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Politicians' Extortion Racket
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:10:23 am »
...Take the maneuver known inside the Beltway as the “tollbooth.” Here the speaker of the House or a powerful committee chairperson will create a procedural obstruction or postponement on the eve of an important vote. Campaign contributions are then implicitly solicited. If the tribute offered by those in favor of the bill’s passage is too small (or if the money from opponents is sufficiently high), the bill is delayed and does not proceed down the legislative highway.

House Speaker John A. Boehner appears to be a master of the tollbooth. In 2011, he collected a total of over $200,000 in donations from executives and companies in the days before holding votes on just three bills....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/22/Politicians-Extortion-Racket

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Politicians' Extortion Racket
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:18:17 am »
No doubt about the fact that Washington is an incestuous and thoroughly corrupt swamp!

To the insiders there the only things elections are about is who get's to collect the tolls!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:20:08 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien