Author Topic: Minor Detail: Woman who nearly fainted at WH not actually enrolled in Obamacare  (Read 1311 times)

Offline happyg

On radio this morning, Glenn was shocked to learn a little reported fact: The woman who nearly fainted during President Obama’s speech in the Rose Garden yesterday has not enrolled in Obamacare because she is happy with her current coverage.

Can we add on that the woman who fainted right behind him is not on Obamacare, and, in addition to that, she already had insurance,” Stu asked on radio this morning.

“What was she doing behind him,” Glenn asked.

“She said she enjoyed going to the website and enjoyed the idea of the possibilities,” Stu explained. “She has diabetes, a pre-existing condition, and she enjoyed there was another option for her potentially to switch to… That’s how bad it is. They have nothing. They are taking people who already have insurance, had insurance her entire life by her own admission.”

The woman in question is named Karmel Allison. She is a California resident, who has Type I Diabetes. She is also pregnant.

Here’s how the White House described Allison ahead of the speech:

Karmel Allison was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was nine years old. She has stayed on the same insurance ever since, despite constantly rising costs, for fear she would not be able to find a plan that would cover her due to her pre-existing condition. Allison recently began researching her options on CoveredCA and has publically [sic] described her experience as finally feeling equal to others, including her young and healthy husband, when it comes to access to coverage.

Allison’s Type I Diabetes diagnosis came prior to her enrolling in her current coverage – so she did not face any sort of discrimination for a ‘pre-existing condition.’ She did say, however, that she has spent the past few decades hesitant to switch plans for fear of losing coverage.

I swear to you. The media better hope that I am never appointed dictator for the day because I will try and execute all of the media. Crimes and misdemeanors,” Glenn said. “My gosh, this alone, just that story. I rest my case, Your Honor. That’s incredible.”

Allison described her experience on last night’s Piers Morgan Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w3V1IigAOc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/22/minor-detail-woman-who-nearly-fainted-at-wh-not-actually-enrolled-in-obamacare/

Offline Rapunzel

Simply amazing... a total shell game sham.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Simply amazing... a total shell game sham.

She is being taken to school in the comments section of her blog as members of that diabetic blog all followed her advice and were shocked at the prices.

Offline Rapunzel

She is being taken to school in the comments section of her blog as members of that diabetic blog all followed her advice and were shocked at the prices.

Good!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776