Author Topic: CAPITOL UPDATE: W.H. Staff Pushing Back Against Jarrett Over Sebelius Resignation?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/10/22/capitol-update-w-h-staff-pushing-back-against-jarrett-over-sebelius-resignation/

CAPITOL UPDATE: W.H. Staff Pushing Back Against Jarrett Over Sebelius Resignation?

by Ulsterman on October 22, 2013

Hmmmm…a rather interesting little tidbit from R.I.  Are there actually White House Staff willing to take on the de facto President of the United States?

(Note the dominant one in this photo is not the man sitting…)

Heard this morning of a heated discussion/yelling match between Pete Rouse and Valerie Jarrett over the increasingly possible and impending Sebelius resignation.  Jarrett wants her to stay put, but Rouse, who I know is cozy with quite a few legislators here on the Hill, is apparently demanding Sebelius go sooner not later.  As in last week.

The two apparently did a back and forth thing throughout the afternoon yesterday that had everyone else at the White House walking on eggshells, and various versions of the conflict making its way back here.  Some versions called it a disagreement, while one version had them literally screaming at each other for about ten minutes inside of Rouse’s office.  If true, I was told that would be very out of character for Pete Rouse.  He is supposed to be a very low key out of the picture kind of guy who does most of his talking through internal memos.

At any rate, I personally know of at least ten House Democrats and three Senate Democrats already willing to be a part of some kind of delay of Obamacare for at least six months.  There are a lot more than that who want Sebelius gone as a way of protecting both the president and the party.  They need a face to hang all of this chaos on.

So far it seems Jarrett has held them back.  Will be interesting if Rouse can use his connections with Congress to bypass her.

Start popping the corn.  This could get interesting!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline xfreeper

Jarrett says she stays...she stays

Offline Rapunzel

Jarrett says she stays...she stays

Yep. Bob Beckel on the Five criticized OCare on the show and got a phone call from the WH absolutely bludgeoning him for saying what he said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yep. Bob Beckel on the Five criticized OCare on the show and got a phone call from the WH absolutely bludgeoning him for saying what he said.

Is that not a concern? I know nothing about Bob Beckel. He could be a lap dog or an attack dog, I really have no idea. But someone on a news review program getting a call form the WH to yank him back on message?

That is scary.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

Is that not a concern? I know nothing about Bob Beckel. He could be a lap dog or an attack dog, I really have no idea. But someone on a news review program getting a call form the WH to yank him back on message?

That is scary.

Beckel is a liberal ... an unabashed, life-long liberal. His dad marched in the Civil Rights marches of the 50's/60's (BTW Beckel has a brother who is a conservative ~LOL~) Beckel is a recovering alcoholic and drug abuser and a converted Christian... but he is still very much a liberal.  I have long thought he "could" be the WH Insider as the language is soooooooo Beckel.......  anyway, Beckel used to be a political operative - Charles Krauthammer wrote for Mondale - Beckel ran his campaign...  sometimes Beckel plays dumb about some of the discussion on The Five, but sometimes he actually says something really honest.. guess the WH doesn't like honest.

BTW I am certain Jon Steward received a call after his monologue last night... why do you think the media doesn't come out and skewer this WH?  Glenn Beck made a joke about it on his old Fox show, he kept a red phone on his desk and would pick it up and challenge the WH to call him if he was telling something untrue... of course the didn't call him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:26:51 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Beckel is a liberal ... an unabashed, life-long liberal. His dad marched in the Civil Rights marches of the 50's/60's (BTW Beckel has a brother who is a conservative ~LOL~) Beckel is a recovering alcoholic and drug abuser and a converted Christian... but he is still very much a liberal.  I have long thought he "could" be the WH Insider as the language is soooooooo Beckel.......  anyway, Beckel used to be a political operative - Charles Krauthammer wrote for Mondale - Beckel ran his campaign...  sometimes Beckel plays dumb about some of the discussion on The Five, but sometimes he actually says something really honest.. guess the WH doesn't like honest.

BTW I am certain Jon Steward received a call after his monologue last night... why do you think the media doesn't come out and skewer this WH?  Glenn Beck made a joke about it on his old Fox show, he kept a red phone on his desk and would pick it up and challenge the WH to call him if he was telling something untrue... of course the didn't call him.

The WH never likes honest. I'll reserve judgement at the moment. He sounds hooked up, at the very least, and reasonably honest.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink