Author Topic: Guess which Dem. Congressman is apparently connected to a shocking fundraising Email involving the KKK?  (Read 954 times)

rangerrebew

Guess Which Dem. Congressman Is Apparently Connected to a Shocking Fundraising Email Involving the KKK

Oct. 22, 2013 10:34am Becket Adams

An email purportedly from Democratic Congressman Alan Grayson is raising eyebrows for its use of an image of Ku Klux Klan members burning a cross to attack the Tea Party.

Alan Grayson fundraising email showing burning cross
Florida Congressman Alan Grayson (AP)

The email, with the subject line, “The Tea Party: ‘No More Popular Than The Klan,’” was sent by Grayson for Congress on Monday, according to Public Integrity political reporter Dave Levinthal.

Alan Grayson fundraising email showing burning cross
Image source: @davelevinthal

The picture of the burning cross is captioned: “Now you know what the ‘T’ stands for.”

The email recounts a recent conversation between the Florida congressman and Rev. Al Sharpton.

“Congressman, does the president have the Tea Party on the ropes?” Sharpton asked.

“I think so,” Grayson said. “I think that ordinary Americans are with the President. They’re appalled by the Tea Party’s tactics. They come to the President saying, ‘If you don’t let us steal your car, then, we are going to burn down your house.’”

“They are appalled by the way the Tea Party cheered on the shutting down of the government, cheered at the fact that we put our credit at risk for a generation to come. And they’re appalled by the enormous expense – the fact that this temporary shutdown ended up costing America $24 billion. That’s almost $100 for every man, woman, and child in this country. Frankly, they want their money back, and the Tea Party out of their lives. At this point the Tea Party is no more popular than the Klan,” he added.

Grayson’s Washington office did not respond to repeated requests for comment from TheBlaze, though a spokeswoman did not deny the email’s connection to the congressman.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/22/shocking-fundraising-email-connected-to-dem-congressman-featuring-kkk-and-a-burning-cross/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:30:35 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

One who ignores the history of the KKK and the Democratic party (including its illustrious grand kleagle, Robert C. Byrd)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Alan Grayson is one of the ugliest human beings on the face of the earth.

Especially on the inside.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online andy58-in-nh

This is so far beyond the bounds of civil discourse that it ought to result in censure, at the very least.

Please contact your congressman or woman. I am contacting mine.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

One who ignores the history of the KKK and the Democratic party (including its illustrious grand kleagle, Robert C. Byrd)?

Don't forget Woodrow Wilson! :seeya: