Author Topic: Election prospects put a spring in the step of Senate Democrats  (Read 1033 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Online Fishrrman

Re: Election prospects put a spring in the step of Senate Democrats
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
We all know that a few months is an eternity in American politics, but...

... if the Republicans go on to lose badly in the 2014 midterms, they are in REAL trouble.

Those people (many in this forum) who laugh and ridicule the notion that a new party could arise to displace the Republican party from its current stature as "the second party" may still be laughing.

But I sense their laughter will begin dying down -- to be replaced by another emotion:

Terror.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:10:33 PM by Fishrrman »

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »

... if the Republicans go on to lose badly in the 2014 midterms, they are in REAL trouble.

Those people (many in this forum) who laugh and ridicule the notion that a new party could arise to displace the Republican party from its current stature as "the second party" may still be laughing.

But I sense their laughter will begin dying down -- to be replaced by another emotion:

Terror.

At least you didn't go melodramatic...   :silly:

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »

Terror.

No, friend.  Go ahead and try a third party.

The history of third parties in the last 150 years is dismal.

You are under the mistaken impression that the tea party is more than a majority in the Republican Party.  It's not. 

If you want to destroy the Republican Party, go ahead.  You'll sink along with it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
I found an article the other day about how the Democrats were feeling good about 2010 around October 2009, predicting a 70 seat pick-up.

We'll see.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »
I found an article the other day about how the Democrats were feeling good about 2010 around October 2009, predicting a 70 seat pick-up.

We'll see.

Obamacare is going to be a nightmare for the Democrats.  It will be in the news every single day for the next year.  And the news won't be good.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 04:58:23 AM »
I need a Ted Cruz emoticon that says "Did I do that?"  It could come in handy for the next couple of elections.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
Obamacare is going to be a nightmare for the Democrats.  It will be in the news every single day for the next year.  And the news won't be good.

Especially as people have to start writing those checks for co-pays and deductibles.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

I suspect the stupid party will find a way to bail them out.

Paraphrasing Gourmet Dan:
The purpose of the Republican party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrats.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »

I agree with you. It will be in the news constantly.

People either will stop caring or shrug and get on with life. Apparently you can get used to anything after long enough.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »
So all this good-news polling is based on the false premise that Republicans "supported the shutdown" when in fact it was the Democrats that repeatedly rejected the continuing resolutions that would have reopened government sooner.

Lies are all the Democrats have. This, and the war on women revival (see the VA governor's race), will be their roadmap to victory in 2014. Every single anti-Democrat (the Republican brand has been so tainted I feel compelled to use an alternative term) will have to work to expose the falsehoods, distortions and deceit being foisted upon the American people every single day.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
Every single anti-Democrat (the Republican brand has been so tainted I feel compelled to use an alternative term) will have to work to expose the falsehoods, distortions and deceit being foisted upon the American people every single day.

Few will listen. Fewer still will have the energy to try.

Doesn't make it worth giving up, but it is something that needs be addressed. Have a look of the average age here, for example. Figure I am one of the younger ones, and I am pushing 60. There seems to be something about being conservative - you seem to need to be knocked around by life for a while to get your head straight. Not everyone, obviously, but a lot of people do.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
Every single anti-Democrat (the Republican brand has been so tainted I feel compelled to use an alternative term) will have to work to expose the falsehoods, distortions and deceit being foisted upon the American people every single day.

When you have a complicit media, and a stupid public it's easy. The template was set with Fox News. If Fox reported water is wet and fire is hot, most people wouldn't believe it, because it came from Fox.

They've done a similar job on Republicans.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf