Author Topic: 1-800-ObamaCare-Denial: Website problems don't matter when your intentions are good.  (Read 1752 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304402104579149582888128734#printMode

1-800-ObamaCare-Denial
Website problems don't matter when your intentions are good.
Oct. 21, 2013 6:41 p.m. ET

'More than a website" is the latest defense of the Affordable Care Act's painful rollout, and liberals are partly right. ObamaCare has larger ambitions than the basket case called Healthcare.gov and the 36 federally run insurance exchanges.

But building the website was supposed to be the easy part. The health law's fiasco of a debut doesn't inspire confidence in those other ambitions, such as re-engineering how U.S. medicine is provided, but it does help explain the modern liberal project.

The White House pitched President Obama's Rose Garden event on Monday as a new transparency, but the event amounted to an infomercial, complete with a 1-800 number. Operators are standing by and "the product is good," the President said. He even encouraged Americans to bypass the website and apply for benefits over the phone or by mail.

Too bad this infomercial lacked tangible information. Mr. Obama might have explained what went wrong, and why, and where the buck stops, or if there is even a provisional timetable for when the exchanges will function properly. Instead he minimized the severity of the problems, perhaps for political reasons. Or maybe he didn't say because the defects are so deep that no one can identify the specific solutions.

By the way, we called the hotline on Monday and the automated menu redirected us to Healthcare.gov, which in turn told us to get in touch with someone at the call center.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Website problems don't matter when your intentions are good.

That's a fact in today's America.

Offline Cincinnatus

Given the disaster that is the website, one wonders how Americans now view ObamaCare per se. If Obama & Co are having such major difficulties with the enrollment process, just how will they handle the far more complex issues involved with ObamaCare? Have my fellow Americans considered this?

Just a thought.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Relic

Given the disaster that is the website, one wonders how Americans now view ObamaCare per se. If Obama & Co are having such major difficulties with the enrollment process, just how will they handle the far more complex issues involved with ObamaCare? Have my fellow Americans considered this?

Just a thought.

I'm guessing no, they haven't thought it out, because it's beyond the interest and or ability of most Americans to think on that level.

But Obama is such a nice guy, it will all be ok.

Offline Cincinnatus

I think you're right. But Obama is such a nice guy, it will all be ok. He does care, doesn't he?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

Shut up and get my obamaphone!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline sinkspur

It is the Obama worshippers in the media who have enabled all the damage this lightweight has done over the last five years. Obama is nothing but an ideologue and dilettante, which nearly half of the electorate knew, but the media seems to have missed that. Now they are turning on their favorite demigod because he is embarrassing them? Just where did he get his governing experience? Management experience? Delegation skills? Hiring expertise? Business acumen? He is a Leftist rabble rouser, nothing more, no matter his IQ. Now we are saddled with a snarled healthcare system, gigantic debt, an inflamed and emboldened Islamic world, and a bitterly divided electorate, and it is as much their fault as his.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

It is the Obama worshippers in the media who have enabled all the damage this lightweight has done over the last five years. Obama is nothing but an ideologue and dilettante, which nearly half of the electorate knew, but the media seems to have missed that. Now they are turning on their favorite demigod because he is embarrassing them? Just where did he get his governing experience? Management experience? Delegation skills? Hiring expertise? Business acumen? He is a Leftist rabble rouser, nothing more, no matter his IQ. Now we are saddled with a snarled healthcare system, gigantic debt, an inflamed and emboldened Islamic world, and a bitterly divided electorate, and it is as much their fault as his.

The media is much more to blame. If one were to pay attention, Obama has told us, over and over again, who he is, what he wants. Sure, there were lies, but there were also snippets of truth. The pieces fit nicely.

The media covered, ignored, and lied to keep the picture of Obama fresh, clean and cool for public consumption.

For that reason, I hate the media with a real, venomous hatred.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The media is much more to blame. If one were to pay attention, Obama has told us, over and over again, who he is, what he wants. Sure, there were lies, but there were also snippets of truth. The pieces fit nicely.

The media covered, ignored, and lied to keep the picture of Obama fresh, clean and cool for public consumption.

For that reason, I hate the media with a real, venomous hatred.

Damned straight. The best way to lie is to tell the truth in such a way that the listener doesn't believe it. The second best way is to say nothing. Both techniques have been in use here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink