Author Topic: McConnell: Democrats' Help Needed to Repeal 'Not Fixable' Obamacare  (Read 793 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=532280

Newsmax
McConnell: Democrats' Help Needed to Repeal 'Not Fixable' Obamacare
Monday, October 21, 2013 07:57 PM

By: Greg Richter

The designers of the Obamacare website should not be in charge of the nation's healthcare, says Sen. Mitch McConnell, declaring the program "not fixable."

"The government is going to botch this. They've had four years to get ready. It's clear to me that this isn't going to work. It's not fixable," McConnell said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Special Report."

"I don't think any amount of apologizing on the part of the president is going to fix the core problem here, which is that it cannot and will not work," said McConnell, R-Ky.

President Barack Obama admitted in a Rose Garden speech Monday morning that there is "no sugarcoating" the issue: "Nobody is more frustrated than I am."

Asked by host Bret Baier whether Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius should resign, McConnell responded that he doesn't think anyone is capable of administering the program.

He noted that Republicans don't control the Senate or the White House, so the only hope of repealing the Affordable Care Act is for some Democrats who supported it to have "second thoughts."

While Democratic members of Congress have not rushed to change positions, traditionally liberal comedy outlets are joining the criticism.

"Daily Show" host Jon Stewart grilled Sebelius  in an Oct. 8 appearance and later declared, "Maybe she's just lying to me."

The news satire site "The Onion" jokingly reported Monday that the website is being replaced with a 35-part floppy disc installation bundle for antiquated 386 Pentium processor computers.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: McConnell: Democrats' Help Needed to Repeal 'Not Fixable' Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »
You know what moderates are saying? Neither do I, it's a big group, but I do know what a few of them are saying. I golf with some guys who are moderate. This is their take on things:

1 - The Tea Party is full of retards. The Tea Party is tearing the GOP apart.
2 - We've needed healthcare reform forever. Bush did nothing. So, Obamacare is a mess because the Dems had to jam it through.
3 - Obamacare is the law, Republicans should work to fix it instead of trying to sabotage it.

This is the opinion of guys who are not Democrats, but real live moderates.
Republicans are not winning, and the shutdown did nothing for them. Republicans would be best advised to do what politicians do best, be dishonest. Pretend to care about fixing Obamacare, but offer nothing of value. Let the Democrats stew in their own juices.