Author Topic: Revealed: Medal of Honor hero's anger that his request for backup was denied TEN TIMES by officers sitting kilometers away from where he single-handedly fought for seven hours against 60 Taliban  (Read 700 times)

Offline mountaineer

From the Daily Mail:
Swenson believed the judgment of the officers who denied his calls for fire support had been clouded by pressure from headquarters in Kabul, at the time headed by Gen. Stanley McChrystal, to restrict the use of artillery in an effort to reduce civilian casualties.

This must have been difficult for Capt. Swenson.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:07:53 PM by mountaineer »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan

famousdayandyear

Correct me if this is incorrect; it was David Petraeus' Field Manual for Counter-Insurgency that 'fathered' the rules of engagement currently putting our troops in the cross-hairs of the enemy (perpetually). 

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
I could not serve in today's Army. It's not just this which impresses me as suicidal for our own troops, but also the administration's response to the Hasan killings and  the way Obama & Co. treated the families of our fallen during the "shutdown". Why Capt Swenson wants to reup is simply beyond me.

I'm so seethingly MAD right now I can't even talk about this coherently!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf