Author Topic: Sebelius to attend gala, but unable to testify about Obamacare  (Read 734 times)

rangerrebew

Sebelius to attend gala, but unable to testify about Obamacare
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:09:46 pm »

Published on The Weekly Standard (http://www.weeklystandard.com)

Sebelius to Attend Gala, but Unable to Testify About Obamacare

And healthcare.gov goes down for repairs.

Daniel Halper

October 19, 2013 9:46 AM

CNN reported last night that HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius will make time to attend a gala in Boston, but is too busy to testify on Capitol Hill about Obamacare:

"We have some breaking news, an official from the Department of Health and Human Services confirming to CNN that the glitch-filled Obamacare website will be coming down this weekend for maintenance," said CNN. "Now, this comes on the same day that new problems with the rollout were exposed.

"And an official from the Health and Human Services Department says Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will not be available to answer questions at a congressional hearing next week on what went wrong.

"Although I can tell you: At this moment, we have just found out that this Health and Human Services secretary, I'm looking here at my BlackBerry actually, has the time to appear at the inaugural Kennedy forum gala, the night before, in Boston. So she'll be in Boston at a gala but unable to testify on the Obamacare rollout in Washington the next day."

And here's a clip from NBC on the government bringing down the Obamacare website for repairs ... again: