Author Topic: The hidden Obamacare taxes that will crush the middle class  (Read 1992 times)

rangerrebew

The hidden Obamacare taxes that will crush the middle class
« on: October 21, 2013, 11:08:01 am »
The Hidden Obamacare Taxes That
 Will Crush The Middle Class
By Money Morning Staff Reports
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get ready to be blindsided by a barrage of new taxes. $1 trillion worth...

They'll be coming courtesy of the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare.

And they won't just be affecting those who make over $250,000. The bulk of these taxes will be passed on directly to the middle class.

That's because while a majority of these "stealth taxes" were designed to be taxes on businesses, they're actually transferred directly to ordinary citizens.

MORE: How much extra will you have to pay? To see how Obamacare taxes will directly affect your paycheck, go here.

They include the investment income surtax, a Medicare payroll tax, even a "tanning tax" on those who utilize indoor tanning services.

"Many of those [hidden] taxes, especially those on hospitals, insurers and medical device manufacturers, will ultimately be passed on through higher health costs," said Michael Tanner an expert on the healthcare law.

In fact, analysts estimate Obamacare will cost the average taxpayer nearly $6,000 in extra taxes as early as next year.

Obamacare Tax Hikes Stoke Outrage

Many of the Obamacare taxes are already in effect, others will hit January 1. But they are already infuriating millions of Americans.

While even Obamacare detractors applaud the requirement that insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions and put a stop to lifetime caps on benefits, they say these laudable benefits don't compensate for the bills high cost - especially in new taxes.

According to most experts, Obamacare will create a total of twenty new taxes or tax hikes on the American people.

In fact, the Obama administration has already given the IRS an extra $500 million to enforce the rules and regulations of Obamacare.

The new taxes don't bode well for millions of middle-class Americans. Incomes for the rich have soared this decade but middle class workers have seen their wages stagnate and even drop since the 2008 Great Recession.

Many fear Obamacare with its high insurance costs and new taxes, could provide the middle class a fatal blow.

The 20 new Obamacare taxes are making Americans eyes pop out in disbelief. Take a look.

Of course, the Obamacare plan was primarily designed to decrease the number of uninsured Americans and reduce healthcare costs.

Many experts are saying it will have the exact opposite effect.

That's just one of the reasons why Republicans hope to defund Obamacare before January.

They claim that the taxes and costs needed to pay for Obamacare will crush the middle class and most U.S. taxpayers, as well as trigger job losses in affected industries.

Tax experts say you should try to estimate how much you will have to pay when the law goes into full effect - and take precautions to limit the damage to your bottom line.

What the Experts Say: How to avoid getting your financial neck broken by Obamacare... Watch this video.

One expert, Dr. Betsy McCaughey, a constitutional scholar with a Ph.D. from Columbia University, recently wrote a best-seller showing Americans how they can not only survive Obamacare, but prosper through it.

McCaughey claims to be one of the only people in the country - including members of Congress - who has actually read the entire 2,572 page law.

Her book, titled Beating Obamacare: Your Handbook for Surviving The New Health Care Law, breaks the huge bill down into 168 pages of actionable advice.

The book, written in an easy going, easy to read style, shows some startling facts about Obamacare not seen in the mainstream press.

For example, she points to a little known passage in the bill that shows how you could get slapped with a $2,000 fine for not having health insurance - even if you do actually have it.

She also goes into detail explaining how a third of all U.S. employers could stop offering health insurance to their workers.

In one chapter, she shows how ordinary Americans will get stuck paying for substance abuse coverage - even if they never touched a drink or drug in their life.

According to McCaughey's research, senior citizens will get hit the hardest.

http://moneymorning.com/ob-article/obamacare-taxes.php?code=t-oc-taxes
Hip and knee replacements and cataract surgery will be especially hard to get from Medicare in the months ahead thanks to Obamacare, according to McCaughey.

She warns seniors to get those types of procedures done now before Obamacare goes into effect January 1.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:09:02 am by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

Re: The hidden Obamacare taxes that will crush the middle class
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:39 am »
I don't use foul language. But if you could hear my throughs...

Offline Olivia

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:49:43 am »
I'm really worried for our seniors and what Obama care has in store for them.
You might as well call it genocide, according to what I'm reading.

Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:13:19 pm »
The medical device tax is applied to innumerable products that do not resemble medical devices in any way, shape or form. A friend bought fishing gear at Cabela's and was assessed an extra 2.3% for that tax. The cashier told him it also will be applied to tires.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:23:53 pm »
Hip and knee replacements and cataract surgery will be especially hard to get from Medicare in the months ahead thanks to Obamacare, according to McCaughey.

How many of our seniors get these very common (and life style enhancing) surgeries??  This is awful!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 12:54:06 pm »
I'm really worried for our seniors and what Obama care has in store for them.
You might as well call it genocide, according to what I'm reading.

Exactly. Just as 3–6 million Ukrainians and Cossacks starved to death because of a policy out of Moscow during the "collectivization" of the Kulaks, or well-off farmers, similarly Washington policy could have just as devastating an impact.

The Holodomor or "Extermination by Hunger," was part of the first 5-year plan of Moscow's communist party in 1930 (think, Obamacare 2010). The "Terror-Famine in Ukraine" was a man-made famine that eliminated the Kulaks because they stood in the way of advancing communism's goal of collective farming.

Is this sounding familiar to anyone?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »
How many of our seniors get these very common (and life style enhancing) surgeries??  This is awful!
Exactly. If you haven't already died and gotten out of the way by the time you hit 62 or so, looks like this administration is going to make the rest of your life miserable.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 02:04:28 pm »
Exactly. If you haven't already died and gotten out of the way by the time you hit 62 or so, looks like the administration is going to make the rest of your life miserable.

Fixed that for you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »
It wasn't broken, but thanks anyway.   :shrug:

Offline Olivia

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »
Fixed that for you.

Ok...I'm curious.  What's the difference in the administration and this administration.
They're one and the same.  :pondering:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »
Ok...I'm curious.  What's the difference in the administration and this administration.
They're one and the same.  :pondering:

Saying this administration insinuates that it is specifically the Obama administration that is failed and corrupt. It is my belief that any administration puked out by our one party system is going to be equally corrupt and a failure. By changing and emphasizing that word I was implying that there is really only one administration.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:58:16 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 06:28:07 pm »
All this carp for 15% of the population... many who could afford insurance under the old system and didn't think they needed it.  So like everything else the majority get screwed because if the minority.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 06:34:06 pm »
All this carp for 15% of the population...

More carp than I've ever seen...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:37:47 pm »

More carp than I've ever seen...

LOL kindle changes my words all the time .. I missed this change lol....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »
Saying this administration insinuates that it is specifically the Obama administration that is failed and corrupt. It is my belief that any administration puked out by our one party system is going to be equally corrupt and a failure. By changing and emphasizing that word I was implying that there is really only one administration.
But the article is all about the taxes put in place by THIS administration.

The same administration which is destroying lives with the 29 hour workweek, etc.

The phony recovery, which may crash again if interest rates rise as they should, under normal economic principles.

The administration which will have DOUBLED the national debt, adding as much under Obama as by all previous 43 Presidents.

Does that straighten it out?

Take classes in philosophy, logic, statistics, probability, math, science, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln