Author Topic: RIP Ronnie Van Zant (Lynryd Skynyrd) October 20, 1977  (Read 1125 times)

famousdayandyear

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: RIP Ronnie Van Zant (Lynryd Skynyrd) October 20, 1977
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »
Ohmygosh!  I love these guys and saw them a couple of times when I lived near San Antonio.  They always did a heck of a tribute to the troops during their shows.

RIP Ronnie, and thank you for all the great music!  :beer:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:53:03 pm »
Ohmygosh!  I love these guys and saw them a couple of times when I lived near San Antonio.  They always did a heck of a tribute to the troops during their shows.

RIP Ronnie, and thank you for all the great music!  :beer:

Real glad you love them, too.  Never got to see them live; listen to their stuff everyday.
Picks me up when I'm bein down.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »
You have good taste.  They have to be a great bunch of guys to put on those slide shows about the troops behind them on stage.  It was the first time I ever saw a rock band do that, and it was back when the Iraq war NON-popularity was at an all time high.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 05:41:45 pm »
You have good taste.  They have to be a great bunch of guys to put on those slide shows about the troops behind them on stage.  It was the first time I ever saw a rock band do that, and it was back when the Iraq war NON-popularity was at an all time high.

Why, thank you.  Thank you very much.  Will post some more before the day is done.
PS:  You have great taste, as well.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »
I loved their music.  RIP
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776