Author Topic: Cruz: I don't work for party bosses  (Read 1148 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: I don't work for party bosses
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=44

By LUCY MCCALMONT |
10/20/13 10:14 AM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz says he's not bothered by the tensions and anger from his Republican colleagues over his strategy to defund Obamacare, saying he doesn't work for "party bosses."

"Not remotely, because the people I work for are the women and men and men you just saw. I work for 26 million Texans. That’s my job to fight for them. I don’t work for the party bosses in Washington. I work for the people of Texas and I fight for them," Cruz said in an interview aired Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

The freshman Republican from Texas also took a shot at his Republican colleagues, whom he said would commented "very differently" if cameras were inside their closed-door meetings.

"You know what was very interesting about some of those closed-door discussions? What I said in those closed-door discussions, I would’ve said the exact same thing if CNN”s camera was sitting in the room. What I say privately to my colleagues is the same thing I say publicly," Cruz said.

"And you know what’s interesting? Virtually every person in that room, that was criticizing what Mike Lee and I were doing, would’ve said very different things if a camera was in this room. Because what they’re telling their constituents is very different from what they’re saying behind closed doors," he added.

Cruz also brushed off reports that his effort to defund Obamcare, which led to to government shutdown was a fundraising strategy.

"Not remotely. This is a deliberate strategy. The strategy in Washington is to launch personal attacks, some of which you read, and to encourage the media to do what a lot of folks in the media like to do, which is to cover this like it’s a Hollywood gossip column. ‘This politician versus this politician! Who’s, up, who’s down?’ Who cares?," Cruz said.

The Texas senator added he wouldn't be dragged into the "back and forth."

"I understand you want to drag me into the back and forth with other Republican senators, and that’s fun to cover, I’m not interested in playing that game," Cruz said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Cruz: I don't work for party bosses
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:30:09 pm »
Cruz slams fellow GOP senators
By KEVIN ROBILLARD |
10/20/13 10:16 AM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz isn't trying to win a popularity contest in the Senate Republican Conference.

After the GOP failed to win any concessions from President Barack Obama during a government shutdown many blamed on Cruz, the Texas Republican blamed his fellow senators for the Republican loss.

"The reason this deal, the lousy deal was reached, is because unfortunately Senate Republicans made the choice not to support House Republicans," he said in an interview aired Sunday on ABC's "This Week," adding later: "I think that was unfortunate. I think it was unfortunate that you saw multiple members of the Senate Republicans going on television attacking House conservatives, attacking the effort to defund Obamacare, saying it can not win, it's a fools errand, we will lose, this must fail. That is a recipe for losing the fight, and it's a shame."

While other senators, including Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), have ruled out a second government shutdown, Cruz said he is willing to repeat the last three weeks.

"I would do anything, and I will continue to do anything I can to stop the train wreck that is Obamacare," Cruz said when asked about a shutdown replay. "What I intend to do is continue standing with the American people to work to stop Obamacare, because it isn't working, it's costing people's jobs, and it's taking away their healthcare."

Cruz said the Senate needs to learn from the House, where a majority of Republicans didn't vote for the deal to open the government and raise the debt limit.

"We didn't win this battle, but I am encouraged that we have demonstrated when the American people stand up, the House of Representatives will listen, and I hope in time the Senate will listen also," he said.

ABC reporter Jon Karl said his fellow Senators "despised" Cruz. Cruz said he didn't care.

"There's an old saying that 'Politics, it ain't beanbag,'" Cruz said. "And, you know, I'm not serving in office because I desperately needed 99 new friends in the U.S. Senate, Given the choice between being reviled in Washington, D.C., and appreciated in Texas, or reviled in Texas and appreciated in Washington, I would take the former 100 out of 100 times."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 02:35:58 pm »

I have a feeling that by this time next year the public will have had its fill of Obamacare.  People will remember who was for it and who was against it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:52:25 pm »
Said it before and will say it again!

Ted Cruz is one of those leaders that come along once in a lifetime and I than GOD for sending him along at this time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 05:03:03 pm »
I find it interesting that everything that Cruz stands for that he is called a 'radical', 'extremist' or 'terrorist' now, were normal principles the Republicans stood and fought for in the 90s and even the Democrats would have considered normal in the 50s (economic wise at least).

Who is attributed to these quotes, Ted Cruz or JFK?

"The present state of our economy is disturbing.... Insured unemployment is at the highest peak in our history. In short, the American economy is in trouble. The most resourceful industrialized country on earth ranks among the last in economic growth.

How do we turn our nation around? ..You are not doing anyone a favor by creating dependency, destroying individual responsibility.

"A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget.... As the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues. Prosperity is the real way to balance our budget. By lowering tax rates, by increasing jobs and income, we can expand tax revenues and finally bring our budget into balance."

The American free market system is the greatest engine for prosperity and opportunity that the world has ever seen. Freedom works.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:03:44 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 05:39:11 pm »
Said it before and will say it again!

Ted Cruz is one of those leaders that come along once in a lifetime and I than GOD for sending him along at this time!

Yes, me too.  Like the Tea Party, Crus is currently being Palinized--maligned beyond belief by liberals, the press and fellow GOPe'ers.  I pray he stands strong, and I think he will.

As soon as the Obamacare debacle moves forward and becomes more obvious, even to the LoFos, the Obama and the press are going to step up their efforts further to blame Republicans for it.  I hope some of these young whippersnapper strategists are preparing for that.