Author Topic: With openly gay correspondent, NBC sticks thumb in Russia's eye  (Read 1976 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
With openly gay correspondent, NBC sticks thumb in Russia's eye
« on: October 20, 2013, 09:54:53 am »
Warning. Politico content ahead. Read at your own risk. Not excerpted.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/10/with-openly-gay-correspondent-nbc-sticks-thumb-in-175430.html

NBC has decided to send correspondent Thomas Roberts to Moscow this November to co-host the network's coverage of the Miss Universe pageant -- an asignment Roberts, who is openly gay, says he took "because it is a huge, visible opportunity for LGBT people."

The decision to send Roberts to Russia is a move in opposition of the country's official anti-homosexual stance. Roberts, who is also an MSNBC host, has publicly criticized what he describes as Russia's "homophobic laws," a reference to new laws prohibiting the promotion of nontraditional sexual relationships to minors and the adoption of Russian children by gays.

NBC declined to address specifically Roberts' advocacy on behalf of gay rights, but told POLITICO that it was Roberts who expressed interest in co-hosting the event.

(PHOTOS: Best attacks on the media in 2012)

"We've considered Thomas Roberts as host in the past," Doug Vaughan, NBC's executive vice president of specials, told POLITICO in a statement. “Thomas approached us and expressed his interest in the job. Thomas is smart and very talented, and we jumped at the opportunity to have him join us in Russia."

On Friday, in an appearance on MSNBC's Morning Joe and in an essay on MSNBC.com, Roberts said he hoped he and his husband's presence in Russia would demonstrate that it was acceptable to be gay.

"I think it's a wonderful assignment, because this is going to be seen by a billion people in over 190 countries, and if they happen to find out that I'm gay and married and that my husband Patrick's going to be there with me -- fantastic," he said on Morning Joe.

(Also on POLITICO: MSNBC with the wrong Foley)

In his blog post, he wrote: "We must be visible, we must show up, and, as Harvey Milk said, we must 'give them hope.'"

The the Miss Universe Organization has also voiced opposition to Russian laws, which it says are “diametrically opposed to the core values” of Miss Universe

Going to scream this here, since he'll never hear it or respond.

Look mate. You have a partner and are happy. Good on you! Happiness is hard enough to find and should be treasured and respected. But stop twerking your choice in my face. OK? I don't like that. Do I rub my admittedly odd lifestyle in your face? Demand that you respect my right to be happily married while spending as much time away from home as possible?
No. I don't.
What you do in your own home, who you love and how you love is entirely up to you. Not my business and certainly not my problem. It is between you, your love, and God. Don't middle me into this. You are going to host a pageant that's sole purpose is to reduce women to a commodity. A slab of attractive meat, to be looked at and judged on superficial values.

bleep hypocrite.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Re: With openly gay correspondent, NBC sticks thumb in Russia's eye
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:41:51 am »
The f*ckers never learn.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:51:38 am »
They never will.

They seriously don't understand that the majority simply don't bloody care what they do. You don't, I don't - doubt anyone here really gives crap one, even our more devout members. Their actions are between them and God and as long as we don't have to pay for their actions, we really don't care.

I have a lot of homosexual/transsexual friends, my wife has more. Most of them are pretty normal. Go to work, get paid, shop for food and bitch about bills. Same sort of chat you get in any bar, restaurant or gathering anywhere in the world. Yet some of them - they define themselves by their sexuality. It is freaking stupid!! One tiny aspect of their lives dominates their thinking. They bought in to the victim culture and made it their own.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 10:56:03 am »
It's as if they are so shallow, their sexual proclivities define them.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 10:57:41 am »
Speaking of which, do male homosexuals refer to their mates as "the old ball and ball"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
Speaking of which, do male homosexuals refer to their mates as "the old ball and ball"?

Now that surprised the first genuine laugh of the day out of me.  :laugh:  :silly:

But in answer, our male homosexual friends tend to refer to their long time partners as their husband.
Our female friends refer to their long time partners as their wife.

It is odd how gender roles still appear.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 11:15:50 am »
They never will.

They seriously don't understand that the majority simply don't bloody care what they do. You don't, I don't - doubt anyone here really gives crap one, even our more devout members. Their actions are between them and God and as long as we don't have to pay for their actions, we really don't care.

I have a lot of homosexual/transsexual friends, my wife has more. Most of them are pretty normal. Go to work, get paid, shop for food and bitch about bills. Same sort of chat you get in any bar, restaurant or gathering anywhere in the world. Yet some of them - they define themselves by their sexuality. It is freaking stupid!! One tiny aspect of their lives dominates their thinking. They bought in to the victim culture and made it their own.

You just broke the rules. The worst insult in the world you can lob at a homosexual or a Black person is to say, "I don't care!" It drives them bloody mad.

According to the Leftists, you HAVE to care. It is the most important thing in the world. By saying that you don't care, you deflate all their power. They can't stand that.

That is why the Left is constantly pandering to homos and minorities, because it empowers them. Not caring about what the Left cares about is blasphemy in their religion. The religion of Leftism.

It is exactly equivialent to telling a Christian that you do not believe in Jesus. When you tell a Leftist that you do not care about his stupid 'missions', suddenly the Left has a duty to 'save' you from yourself. Obviously, you simply do not understand how important these issues are.

To sum it up. I don't care if you are a homo. You can homo yourself to death for all I care. I don't freakin' care, as long as you keep it to yourself and don't push it into my life and the life of my family. I don't care if you are Black. It dosen't effect my life in the least, as much as the Left would like me to live in their crazy world of bias and stereotypes, I simply refuse to be moved by all this nonsense.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 11:18:04 am »
 goopo :thumbsup:

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 11:26:21 am »
Now that surprised the first genuine laugh of the day out of me.  :laugh:  :silly:

But in answer, our male homosexual friends tend to refer to their long time partners as their husband.
Our female friends refer to their long time partners as their wife.

It is odd how gender roles still appear.

Well, considering how man laughs the English have provided me (in a good way), I'm glad to have paid back a nano-bit!

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:33 am »

You just broke the rules. The worst insult in the world you can lob at a homosexual or a Black person is to say, "I don't care!" It drives them bloody mad.

According to the Leftists, you HAVE to care. It is the most important thing in the world. By saying that you don't care, you deflate all their power. They can't stand that.

That is why the Left is constantly pandering to homos and minorities, because it empowers them. Not caring about what the Left cares about is blasphemy in their religion. The religion of Leftism.

It is exactly equivialent to telling a Christian that you do not believe in Jesus. When you tell a Leftist that you do not care about his stupid 'missions', suddenly the Left has a duty to 'save' you from yourself. Obviously, you simply do not understand how important these issues are.

To sum it up. I don't care if you are a homo. You can homo yourself to death for all I care. I don't freakin' care, as long as you keep it to yourself and don't push it into my life and the life of my family. I don't care if you are Black. It dosen't effect my life in the least, as much as the Left would like me to live in their crazy world of bias and stereotypes, I simply refuse to be moved by all this nonsense.

Another thumbs up for hitting right on target!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »
So NBC is sending this Roberts fellow to Russia, Ross Matthews and RuPaul being too busy with their own projects.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 12:38:43 pm »
It's as if they are so shallow, their sexual proclivities define them.

That is the biggest thing that drives me nuts about the gay movement.  They have this whole huge victim lobby and powerful mafia, and for what?  Their sexual preference. 

I don't even have a problem with gays--I have friends who go to my church, and are the nicest people in the world.  I just hate the power of the whole movement.  Its a pity tea partiers can't exert that kind of influence on our culture.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »
That is the biggest thing that drives me nuts about the gay movement.  They have this whole huge victim lobby and powerful mafia, and for what?  Their sexual preference. 

I don't even have a problem with gays--I have friends who go to my church, and are the nicest people in the world.  I just hate the power of the whole movement.  Its a pity tea partiers can't exert that kind of influence on our culture.

There is a bumper sticker in there somewhere.  Actually, one just crossed me mind but it wouldn't survive the forum!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:11:08 pm by olde north church »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 01:22:03 pm »

Exactly!

There are always going to be people who stick their nose where it don't belong. MY wife calls them the old cats. People who care about what others sin because their own lives are boring as hell. She would put it substantially more scathingly and Anglo Saxon ....

Our friends are just that. Friends. They come to dinner, invite us round for dinner or a barbecue. Sit on the front step and bitch about the weather or the cost of petrol. Drop in of an evening to see us. Cry when life shit happens and are supported 100%.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 03:30:40 pm »
I think you guyz are missing a point here.

We all know that Obama & Friends thrive on constant crisis.

"They" send a flamboyant queen purposely into the belly of the beast, hoping that Putin will retaliate by arresting him....creating another international incident and another distraction.

I hope Putin ignores it and goes and kills a bear with his bare hands or something.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »
I hope Putin ignores it and goes and kills a bear with his bare hands or something.

Obama is a child and an inexperienced fool. Putin is an experienced, shrewd, leader and politician. Putin is a chessmaster, Obama is a bungling imbecile.

There is nothing Obama and his crew could ever do to 'get over' on Putin, or on anyone else really. Also, from what I have seen of the interactions between Putin and Obama, I believe that Obama is intimidated and afraid of Putin personally. Putin is a 'man'. Obama is a child. Putin treats him for what he is, a lying fraud, and this throws Obama off his game.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »
I dislike Putin. Know enough of his background and the background of similar people that I trust him exactly as far as I can throw the Kremlin. He is one evil, though pragmatic, sod.

Having said that - Barry dreams of being 1/100th as effective both nationally and on the world stage.

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »
The Soviet Union could have lasted another 100 years under a man like Putin.  It was weak willed Gorbachev that brought down the curtain.