Author Topic: Cruz: Blame Senate GOP for ACA defeat  (Read 1025 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: Blame Senate GOP for ACA defeat
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:11:18 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/329451-cruz-senate-gop-actively-aggressively-opposed-effort-to-defund-obamacare-

Cruz: Blame Senate GOP for ACA defeat
By Julian Hattem - 10/19/13 02:37 PM ET

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is blaming his fellow Senate Republicans for opposing a movement in the House to defund ObamaCare, which ultimately caused Republicans to win few concessions in the deal to reopen the government and raise the nation’s debt ceiling.

In an interview with the National Review posted on Saturday afternoon, the senator said that there would be “consequences” for supporting the funding bill.

“Unfortunately, rather than supporting House Republicans, a significant number of Senate Republicans actively, aggressively, and vocally led the effort to defeat House Republicans, to defeat the effort to defund Obamacare,” he told the conservative magazine. “Once Senate Republicans did that, it crippled the chances of this effort, and it caused the lousy deal.”

Late on Wednesday, the Senate voted 81-18 to restore government funding until Jan. 15 and raise the debt limit through Feb. 7.

All 18 votes against the legislation came from Republicans, while 27 members of the party voted to send the bill to the House. Among those backing the legislation was Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), who is facing a primary challenge from a Tea Party-backed candidate, Matt Bevin.

“From day one in office,” Cruz said, “I’ve urged the American people to hold every elected official accountable, and far too many elected officials are not listening to the American people.”

Cruz, who is the vice chairman for grassroots outreach with the National Republican Senatorial Committee, added that “it is likely that I will stay out of all incumbent primaries.”

“But every elected official has to make the case to the grassroots in his or her state on why he or she is effectively fighting for them,” he said.

In a follow-up question, he refused to rule out the possibility of interfering in Republican primary contests.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Cruz: Blame Senate GOP for ACA defeat
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:11:59 pm »
He is correct.  A bunch of surrender monkeys.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cruz: Blame Senate GOP for ACA defeat
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien