Author Topic: McConnell’s primary opponent snags high profile conservative endorsement  (Read 1872 times)

Offline happyg

On the heels of the government shutdown and the debt ceiling debate,Republican Matt Bevin’s challenge to U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., was boosted on Friday by receiving the endorsement of the Senate Conservatives Fund.

The group says it’s time to replace McConnell and his liberal record with a “true conservative.” Matt Hoskins, executive director of the Senate Conservatives Fund, released the following statement:

“Matt Bevin is a true conservative who will fight to stop the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are destroying our country. He is not afraid to stand up to the establishment and he will do what it takes to stop Obamacare. We know that winning this primary won’t be easy. Mitch McConnell has the support of the entire Washington establishment and he will do anything to hold on to power. But if people in Kentucky and all across the country rise up and demand something better, we’re confident Matt Bevin can win this race.”

The website says that Mitch McConnell is “unpopular with independent voters and is already polling behind the Democratic candidate.” There is fear that McConnell could cost the party its majority in the Senate.

The McConnell camp is dismissing the endorsement.

“Matt Bevin now has the dubious honor of standing with a self-serving DC fundraising group that made its name by recruiting and promoting unelectable candidates that ensured Barack Obama a majority in the Senate,” McConnell spokeswoman Allison Moore told the Huffington Post. “They clearly care less about Kentuckians than they do about their reputation for supporting laughably bad candidates.”

Senate Conservatives Fund is an independent, grassroots organization that promotes conservative policies in Washington, helping to elect conservative leaders to the U.S. Senate, according to its website. The group led theDon’tFundIt.com effort against Obamacare and has also endorsed Miss. state Sen. Chris McDaniel for the Mississippi’s U.S. Senate race.

Watch Bevin’s video here via the Senate Conservatives Fund:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2GuIwOlgyr8

http://www.rightwingnews.com/republicans/mcconnells-primary-opponent-snags-high-profile-conservative-endorsement/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
HALLELUJAH!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Olivia

It would be so great to knock our some of these established, elitist republicans and replace them with candidates that still care about the American people.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Oh goodie. Replace another strong GOP incumbent, with another democrat. What could be better?

Here's the bio for the head of the organization, which Bevin endowed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Albert_Mohler,_Jr.

What could possibly go wrong?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Oh goodie. Replace another strong GOP incumbent, with another democrat. What could be better?

Here's the bio for the head of the organization, which Bevin endowed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Albert_Mohler,_Jr.

Clicked on your link and found nothing.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Wikipedia  :silly:

The admins and mods there are all die hard liberals.  Anything they can do to smear a conservative, they will do.

There is a reason Wikipedia is not allowed by academia as a source for anything.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline evadR

I guess that's what could go wrong
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He is Albert Mohler, head of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Which Bevin endowed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Mohler

If nominated for the GOP side, expect the democrats to call on Bevin to speak to Mohler's views.

Views like opposing alcohol, claiming Catholics are pagan, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Dude calls me pagan he can hunt for a new face.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He is Albert Mohler, head of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Which Bevin endowed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Mohler

If nominated for the GOP side, expect the democrats to call on Bevin to speak to Mohler's views.

Views like opposing alcohol, claiming Catholics are pagan, etc.

So what? There is an awful lot of what Mohler says, according to Wiki, that millions of Americans would agree with. Me being one of them.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: McConnell’s primary opponent snags high profile conservative endorsement
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 08:44:58 pm »
The website says that Mitch McConnell is “unpopular with independent voters and is already polling behind the Democratic candidate.” There is fear that McConnell could cost the party its majority in the Senate.
http://www.rightwingnews.com/republicans/mcconnells-primary-opponent-snags-high-profile-conservative-endorsement/
I can't believe McConnell would dare endanger our mighty Senate majority led by our next President Theodor Cruz.  If the rats win back the Senate next year it will be all McConnell's fault because he refused to follow Cruz's lead.  Who the heck does McConnell think he is? 

Congrats to Bevin for snagging this endorsement.  I was wondering who the SCF would endorse?  *hmmmm* Bevin or McConnell?  McConnell or Bevin?  I'm actually a little shocked   *bouche* and excited by this bizarre turn of events.  This is sure to be the last nail in the coffin for McDonnell.  I hope they run a ton of ads for Bevin pointing out how Bevin would have stood strong and patient and forced Obama to come crawling to Bevin, Cruz, Lee and the overwhelming support of the American people.  God Bless the USA!  :flag:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »
Alright. You are an idiot, but my sort of idiot. Thanks for the laugh - I really did need it today.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:06 pm »
Alright. You are an idiot, but my sort of idiot. Thanks for the laugh - I really did need it today.  :beer:

I am proud to be your sort of idiot EC.  Sadly many people have no clue they are idiots.  It's good to have someone who can spot and identify them on this forum, before they get taken seriously. :beer:

You folks in England must think we are all mad in the states.  How is Prince George doing?  I can't wait for the christening.