Author Topic: How The Healthcare.gov Implementation Got Lost  (Read 810 times)

Offline Rapunzel

How The Healthcare.gov Implementation Got Lost
« on: October 19, 2013, 01:47:23 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: How The Healthcare.gov Implementation Got Lost
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 01:49:22 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:56:30 AM »
$600 million dollars and this is what we end up with - yet today Juan Williams AND Judy Miller BOTH had the audacity to claim the reason its not working is they didn't receive enough money to make it work.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 03:54:19 AM »
Anecdotal story:

For a brief time, I temped for state government to basically unscrew the inscrutable.
Long story short, there was a state program (under the Dems) to ostensibly study how newborns to single mothers faired under specific parameters; ie history of abuse, smoking, etc.  Long list.

The contract was awarded (read given) to some crony at a local well-know publicaly funded university for a million plus.

The data was gathered, but the contract had NO provision for documentation as to how to organize and extract said data to effect any relevant conclusions.  From the relatively primitive level of work I was able to do, I confirmed and REPORTED multiple instances of what appeared to be outright fraud.   That is, social workers reporting home visits at multiple residences DURING IDENTICAL TIME FRAMES. 

And having worked on massive software applications in the private sector (Mountain View, CA), each step, segment, stage is carefully engineering, managed, tested and documented.   As far as I have heard, nothing about this Obamacare nightmare has been so documented--why?  Because it's a friggin fuster cluck.  End of rant.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 04:02:39 AM »
I confirmed and REPORTED multiple instances of what appeared to be outright fraud.   That is, social workers reporting home visits at multiple residences DURING IDENTICAL TIME FRAMES.

Very interesting, because as I mentioned on another thread this was part of a long discussion I listened to on The Blaze this afternoon - how after Obama used his EO authority to strike down the work requirment law for welfare recipients one reason welfare has skyrockted is the people who are supposed to be looking for fraud look the other way because they consider not solving fraud is basically a guarantee of continued employment.  There is no incentive for them to actually DO something about people like Surfer Dude.  This is also in line with what a friend in California told me about Workers Comp fraud - he said in the last ten years there has been less than a handful of people prosecuted for fraud as WC has skyrocketed.  And now we know how SSDI has gone through the roof in the last five years.

How country cannot sustain all these freeloaders.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 04:22:38 AM »
Very interesting, because as I mentioned on another thread this was part of a long discussion I listened to on The Blaze this afternoon - how after Obama used his EO authority to strike down the work requirment law for welfare recipients one reason welfare has skyrockted is the people who are supposed to be looking for fraud look the other way because they consider not solving fraud is basically a guarantee of continued employment.  There is no incentive for them to actually DO something about people like Surfer Dude.  This is also in line with what a friend in California told me about Workers Comp fraud - he said in the last ten years there has been less than a handful of people prosecuted for fraud as WC has skyrocketed.  And now we know how SSDI has gone through the roof in the last five years.

How country cannot sustain all these freeloaders.

Prepared to be shocked.  I reported to a young naive liberal who had no clout; her boss, the head of the dept, was a black female who locked herself in her office every day and ALL day listening to jazz.  So there you are.  Your government at work, at least at the state level.  Extrapolate to some nth degree, and you have the feds. 

NB:  This was under the Dems, a while ago.  Now that we have a Republican legislature, there's some shakin going on. Especially In DHHS where I worked. And the NAACP is having holy rollin fits along with the suburban white liberals who do not have a clue.  Too bad they have willingly insulated themselves from the truth.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf