Author Topic: D.C.'s 'Corrupt Bastards Club' (by Sarah Palin)  (Read 909 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
D.C.'s 'Corrupt Bastards Club' (by Sarah Palin)
« on: October 20, 2013, 11:58:00 pm »
The Corrupt Bastards Club. They said it. I didn’t.

In Alaska we had a group of politicos who chuckled as they dubbed themselves the “CBC,” which stands for “Corrupt Bastards Club.” But it was no laughing matter. I, and many others, took them on. We won. When I served as chairman of our state’s Oil and Gas Commission, I reported on the cronyism of the chair of my own Party, who had been appointed by our governor to that same energy regulating commission. (Click here to see a reporter’s reaction to a short Newt Gingrich interview on the matter.) The whistle blowing resulted in him receiving the largest ethics fine in the state’s history. But that was just the tip of the oily iceberg. The FBI investigated Alaskan lawmakers for taking bribes from the oil industry in exchange for votes favorable to that industry, and politicos ended up in jail.* The lawmakers actually called themselves the Corrupt Bastards Club and even emblazoned the CBC initials on baseball caps they gifted each other – that’s how untouchable they believed they were....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/20/Sarah-Palin-Exclusive-Op-Ed-DC-Corrupt-Bastards-Club

Palin is sharpening her focus back to taking down corruption- what started her career. I think this will resonate more than 'Crony Capitalism'. (Nothing wrong with addressing the latter but Corruption is more clear to those not involved in following politics.)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: D.C.'s 'Corrupt Bastards Club' (by Sarah Palin)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:12:18 am »
I know this! That article of hers is SPOT ON TARGET!

Well done Sarah!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien