Author Topic: John Boehner: 'I Got Overrun' By My Caucus  (Read 1237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Boehner: 'I Got Overrun' By My Caucus
« on: October 18, 2013, 08:50:03 pm »
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-boehner-i-got-overrun-by-my-caucus

TOM KLUDT – OCTOBER 18, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT17628
In explaining the origins of the first government shutdown since 1996, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) reportedly admitted to President Barack Obama earlier this month that he was "overrun" by his Republican caucus.

“John, what happened?” Obama asked Boehner on the second day of the shutdown, according to Politico.

“I got overrun, that’s what happened,” Boehner replied as he reportedly tried to exit a White House meeting for a smoke break.

Democrats repeatedly questioned Bohener's clout over Republican House members throughout the budget and debt standoff, arguing that the speaker capitulates too often to conservatives on Capitol Hill.

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Boehner has become a "puppet — with Ted Cruz pulling the strings," while Obama said the speaker's inability to "control his caucus" contributed to the impasse.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: John Boehner: 'I Got Overrun' By My Caucus
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 09:00:42 pm »
Go away, John
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:08 pm »
“John, what happened?” Obama asked Boehner on the second day of the shutdown, according to Politico.

This shows you that politics is a sham.  Obviously Boehner and Obama already had things 'worked out' beforehand and Obama is asking why things didn't work out as planned...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »
This shows you that politics is a sham. 

Speaking my language again.  :beer:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:43:58 pm »
John, seriously, you got overrun by Chicago and the NSA a long time ago.