Author Topic: Tom DeLay: Another Shutdown Shouldn't Be Off Table  (Read 1404 times)

Offline happyg

Tom DeLay: Another Shutdown Shouldn't Be Off Table
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:00:01 pm »
Sen. Ted Cruz hinted in an ABC News interview Thursday that another government shutdown isn't off the table, and fellow Texan Tom DeLay agrees with him.

"If that's what it takes to stand on principle and win, yes. Absolutely," Former House Speaker DeLay told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

"There's a movement out here in the real world," DeLay said. "People are desperate to stop this runaway federal spending. They're desperate to get rid of Obamacare."

Another Texan, former George W. Bush aide Mark McKinnon, disagreed, saying Cruz has "basically burned down the reputation of the Republican Party and is standing on the ashes."

DeLay said Cruz is a major leader of the Republican Party.

"I was just at a meeting last night where people were just singing his praises," DeLay said. "And they will carry him on their shoulders when he gets back to Texas."

McKinnon, co-founder of the bipartisan No Labels group, predicted Cruz will represent Texas for a long time, but doesn't have broad support.

"Mark, you need to come home," DeLay responded. "You have no clue."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cruz-ted-shutdown-texas/2013/10/17/id/531717#ixzz2i5dK324l

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Tom DeLay: Another Shutdown Shouldn't Be Off Table
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »
"If that's what it takes to stand on principle and win, yes. Absolutely," Former House Speaker DeLay told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

DeLay appears to be the real deal, based on how he was railroaded by the Left and finally, finally cleared himself.

It's always takes longer to refute a lie than it does to tell one.

The Left exists on that premise...

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:09:10 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:44:40 pm »
DeLay appears to be the real deal, based on how he was railroaded by the Left and finally, finally cleared himself.

It's always takes longer to refute a lie than it does to tell one.

The Left exists on that premise...

You do not dick around with an exterminator.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »
You do not dick around with an exterminator.

I don dick around w/ anybody...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »
I don dick around w/ anybody...

Not you dicking specifically.  The same you as the they who say not to swim until waiting 1/2 hour after you eat.  That you.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 06:26:21 pm »
Remember Newt was cleared of all he was accused of - after he had resigned.  Also remember who was behind cutting Newt off at the knees in congress at the time... it is not just the Democrats who work to take out anyone who is a conservative and gains power in DC.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:27:05 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776