Author Topic: Surprise! Unions get their way on Obamacare  (Read 840 times)

rangerrebew

Surprise! Unions get their way on Obamacare
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:44:39 am »
Surprise! Unions Get Their Way on Obamacare

By Onan Coca   / 17 October 2013   / 48 Comments   

The Obama administration is getting set to give a one year delay to a group of fired up anti-Obamacare advocates.

Yay! This must mean the Republicans won, right?

Nope, it’s more of the same from the corrupt Obama administration.

Just a few weeks ago, the Obama White House was crowing about how it wouldn’t be giving any exemptions to the Unions who had supported the Obamacare push. It seemed that the Unions had dug their own grave by supporting legislation that would destroy their “Cadillac” healthcare programs. They didn’t imagine that by supporting the Obama agenda, they would eventually get screwed by the same agenda. Once it became clear that their constituents would be getting railroaded with the rest of us, the Union leaders stepped up and began crying for exemptions.

“When you and the President sought our support for the Affordable Care Act (ACA), you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat. Right now, unless you and the Obama Administration enact an equitable fix, the ACA will shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class… Like millions of other Americans, our members are front-line workers in the American economy. We have been strong supporters of the notion that all Americans should have access to quality, affordable health care… Now this vision has come back to haunt us.”   -- Teamsters President James Hoffa

The Obama administration stood “strong” against the Unions and refused to give them an exemption. It was an opportunity for the administration to make itself look good to the American public. They could say they stood up to the unions and weren’t handing out special favors. But it was all for show.

ObamaTheTrain-400x400According to recent reports under current budget negotiations “The bargain under negotiation would make small adjustments to the healthcare law, including delaying the law's reinsurance fee for one year. The three-year tax is meant to generate revenue that will stabilize premiums on the individual market as sick patients enter the risk pool.” In essence, Unions would get a one year delay on the Obamacare tax.

You’re probably saying, “A one year delay is not an exemption.” True, but consider that the delay would take us past the 2014 midterm elections, when the Democrats could exempt the Unions without worry about an upcoming election. Cronyism at its best. You might not think that the Democrats are devious enough to think that far ahead… but that is exactly what they’re doing. Mark it down folks, in the days after the 2014 midterms, one of the first things the Obama administration will do is hand down an exemption to their Union allies. Guaranteed.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2320/surprise-unions-get-way-obamacare/#qWoxq9YPirI4KbUF.99

Does this mean Obama was willing to negotiate with unions? :peeonobama:

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Surprise! Unions get their way on Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:37:56 pm »
Do I hear {{{crickets}}} from our Liberal friend about where is the break for ordinary non-union or non-congress or non-big business Americans????
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

Re: Surprise! Unions get their way on Obamacare
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 06:40:12 pm »
Do I hear {{{crickets}}} from our Liberal friend about where is the break for ordinary non-union or non-congress or non-big business Americans????

As a non-supporter of Obama and the Democrats I do not feel obligated to defend their policies. I've been saying since I got here that both sides are corrupt, and that it is up to all of us to stop them. Furthermore, I have never once tried to defend unions since I've been posting here. I've said time and again that I'm against all money that influences politics.