Author Topic: Yale study: Tea Partiers rank highest in scientific knowledge  (Read 1068 times)

rangerrebew

Yale study: Tea Partiers rank highest in scientific knowledge
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:37:33 pm »
Yale Study: Tea Partiers Rank Highest In Scientific Knowledge

October 17, 2013 by Breaking News 9 Comments

After years of being lambasted by the left as uneducated rubes, a recent study by a Yale law professor proves that members of the Tea Party are actually more likely to understand scientific issues than the rest of the population.

As progressives declare the debate on such issues as global warming and evolution over, it now seems that they could learn a few things from the oft-maligned grassroots organization.

Displaying a respectable level of honesty, Dan Kahan admitted that he expected a completely different result.

Noting he “found this result surprising,” the professor said he assumed that he would “be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension.”

He concluded that the scope of his study was sufficient to indicate a wider trend, a fact that must give the perpetually supercilious left a collective migraine.

Continuing in a confessional vein, Kahan conceded that he doesn’t “know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party” and that all of his “impressions come from watching cable” television and reading news stories by the “New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused Internet sites like Huffington Post [and] Politico.”

His admission that he exposes himself to only the leftist viewpoint is far more than most progressives will reveal. Such myopic news consumption obviously has an impact on the negative opinion many Americans have of the Tea Party.

While Kahan said that his opposition to the movement was not affected by the study’s findings, he will no longer underestimate the intelligence and comprehension of its members.

“I’m a little embarrassed,” he said of his formerly one-sided impression, “but mainly I’m just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view.”

Whenever leftists venture off of the plantation and begin thinking for themselves, a large portion realize that their prior opinions were based on either hyperbole or outright lies regarding conservatives. For this reason, as Barack Obama advised Thursday morning, those in power want to make sure that dissenting voices on the radio and Internet are relegated to the dustbin of irrelevance.

–B. Christopher Agee

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/yale-study-tea-partiers-rank-highest-scientific-knowledge/#MT2egtqWhGMUWHyL.99

I'm surprised they had the nerve to publish such blasphemy! :thud:

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Yale study: Tea Partiers rank highest in scientific knowledge
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:40:41 pm »
I'm surprised they had the nerve to publish such blasphemy! :thud:

Yeah, the only thing that's surprising is that some lib professor admitted it publicly.

Don worry, it'll soon go down the memory-hole...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »
It's almost like everybody is intolerant of and has preconceived notions about each other because of something they saw on T.V or read in the news.  :pondering:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:46:59 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:45:25 pm »
Yes.  More scientifically aware, more economically educated, more politically educated, more intelligent, more generous, more compassionate......

No surprises here.

It's the BRIGHT people who know enough about everything to be conservative!   :tongue2:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »
Yes.  More scientifically aware, more economically educated, more politically educated, more intelligent, more generous, more compassionate......

No surprises here.

It's the BRIGHT people who know enough about everything to be conservative!   :tongue2:

Absolutely.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776