Author Topic: McConnell: no more shutdowns over Obamacare  (Read 1235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
McConnell: no more shutdowns over Obamacare
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline GourmetDan

Re: McConnell: no more shutdowns over Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
"I think we have fully now acquainted our new members with what a losing strategy that is," McConnell told The Hill.

Meanwhile, the winning strategy is obviously to get $2.9B of OPM spent to ensure your re-election...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
Meanwhile, the winning strategy is obviously to get $2.9B of OPM spent to ensure your re-election...

Now, now.  McConnell claims he had nothing to do with that and I think we should believe him. :3:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
I think a really good negotiating strategy is to tell your opponent at the outset "I will fold at this point"! That's a winner every time! / sarc

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
:amen:
I just want to see him gone.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »
I think a really good negotiating strategy is to tell your opponent at the outset "I will fold at this point"! That's a winner every time! / sarc

I'm not so certain that wasn't the strategy all along; McConnell, Tammy Fay Boehner, and Reid getting together to squeeze the Tea Party.  The best way, hold the "deal" until the last minute so both "sides" can save face and let the Tea Party fight it.  Then both sides can blame the people who won't follow the party line (I include republicans and democrats in congress as the party} and then debase them after the "settlement."  No one can tell me they wouldn't do that. 0052
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »

It's almost like money shouldn't be polluting politics, huh?

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »

It's almost like money shouldn't be polluting politics, huh?

Repeal the 17th Amendment

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
both parties are corrupt and neither party want to do anything to help us, it is all about their power and keeping that power.

So why not vote third party? If you believe what you just said, you must see that it is illogical to vote for ANY candidate entrenched in the two party system, including Republican candidates. If our politicians have lost interest in doing anything but obeying their masters, what other options do we have?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:37:49 PM by Liberal_Spy »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
So why not vote third party? If you believe what you just said, you must see that it is illogical to vote for ANY candidate entrenched in the two party system (including Republican candidates). If our politicians have lost interest in doing anything but obeying their masters, what other options do we have?

Because we are taking over one of the parties as we speak! From within! Witness Ted Cruz, Mike, Lee, Rand Paul and a host of others in the House!

We don't need or have time for no stinkin third party!!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:38:27 PM by Bigun »

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
Because we are taking over one of the parties as we speak! From within! Witness Ted Cruz, Mike, Lee, Rand Paul and a host of others in the House!

I actually like a lot of what Rand Paul has to say. I hope you're right, and that you can remove the corruption.  ^-^ I still think we will need a third party.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:40:24 PM by Liberal_Spy »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
Because we are taking over one of the parties as we speak! From within! Witness Ted Cruz, Mike, Lee, Rand Paul and a host of others in the House!  We don't need or have time for no stinkin third party!!

Don't you think the the Republican Party 'leadership' will force the conservatives out of the GOP and into a 3rd party rather than let the GOP be taken over by true conservatives?  Their goals seem to be more aligned with ensuring Democrat Party control of government than anything else.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
Don't you think the the Republican Party 'leadership' will force the conservatives out of the GOP and into a 3rd party rather than let the GOP be taken over by true conservatives?  Their goals seem to be more aligned with ensuring Democrat Party control of government than anything else.

Nope! It's going to be a hostile takeover and it's already well underway!

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:37 PM »

Absolutely...AND, we don't want to guarantee democrat wins.

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 10:57:48 PM »
Nope! It's going to be a hostile takeover and it's already well underway!
Conservatives have no other option.
They're not going 3rd party because they know that's a sure formula for disaster.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf