Author Topic: Jay Carney Mocks Reporter When Pressed on Congress’ Benghazi Investigation  (Read 960 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/17/jay-carney-mocks-reporter-when-pressed-on-benghazi-investigation-i-know-were-creating-an-exchange-here-for-fox/

Jay Carney Mocks Reporter When Pressed on Congress’ Benghazi Investigation
Oct. 17, 2013 6:00pm Jason Howerton

Reporter James Rosen on Thursday questioned White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on the current congressional investigation into the Benghazi terror attack, focusing on findings that indicate U.S. military posturing around the world was “poor” on the 11th anniversary of 9/11.

WASHINGTON, DC – OCTOBER 16: White House Press Secretary Jay Carney speaks during his daily briefing at the White House, October 16, 2013 in Washington, DC. The Senate announced that it had reached a bipartisan deal on funding the federal government and the extending the nation’s debt limit after 16 days of a government shutdown.

Carney dismissed the findings as a partisan attack on behalf of Republicans, who he says have been politicizing the attack since it occurred.

“The ‘poor’ statement is a statement of an assessment made by Republicans, who have, as you know, attempted unfortunately to make this a partisan issue,” Carney said. “I know we’re creating an exchange here for Fox, and I’m mindful of that. But allow me to suggest that questions about the posturing of defense forces are usually better addressed at the Pentagon.”

“First of all, what we are engaged in here is not for Fox, it’s for the record,” Rosen shot back. Someone can be heard giggling after Rosen’s comment, though it is unclear who.

Rosen went on to argue that the fact that military posturing was poor on the night of the Benghazi attack is not just a Republican conclusion.

“With respect to these meetings that the president had with key national security principals the day before those attacks, how is it possible that you can maintain that adequate steps were taken visa vi force posture by the commander-in-chief and his aides when, in fact, posture is now universally acknowledged to have been such that it made remedy or rescue impossible,” the reporter pressed.

Carney admitted that there was not “adequate security” on the night of Benghazi to protect the four Americans who died in the attack. “The president has been absolutely clear and forthright about that,” he added.

After another minute, Carney ended the nearly 10-minute exchange, saying: “I think we’re done here, James.”

Watch the exchange below via Mediaite:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Benghazi and the aftermath has the Obama administration more on edge than all of the other scandals put together!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Benghazi and the aftermath has the Obama administration more on edge than all of the other scandals put together!

I agree, but all the "leaders" in DC know what it is and are hiding it IMHO
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I agree, but all the "leaders" in DC know what it is and are hiding it IMHO

It does appear that way!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:55:34 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien