Author Topic: NYPD: Fetus Found In Teen’s Bag Inside Manhattan Victoria’s Secret  (Read 2304 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/17/nypd-possible-fetus-found-in-teens-bag-inside-nyc-victorias-secret/

NYPD: Fetus Found In Teen’s Bag Inside Manhattan Victoria’s Secret
17-Year-Old Girls Stopped Leaving Store; One Admits Having 'Baby In The Bag'
October 17, 2013 6:43 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Two teenage girls who were suspected of shoplifting were stopped as they were leaving the Victoria’s Secret store in Herald’s Square, and a security guard checking their bags found what appeared to be a fetus, the NYPD said Thursday.

The girls, both 17, were stopped by the store’s loss prevention officer. It was then that one of the girls admitted she had “a baby in the bag,” CBS 2 reported.

The guard called police. The girl later told police that she had given birth on Wednesday and did not know what to do with the fetus.

It was not immediately clear where she gave birth.

One girl was taken to Bellevue Hospital, and the other was being questioned at the Midtown South Precinct, CBS 2 reported. The Medical Examiner’s Office was performing an autopsy on the human remains found inside the bag.

Nearby residents told CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez they were stunned by the news.

“It’s sad and it hurts because it’s still a life that was born and now it’s gone,” said Esther Gross of the Upper West Side.

“I have two daughters. The youngest one is 18 and she would probably be terrified. But there’s so many things you could do. Leave it in a church. Go to the hospital and just say I don’t want it, which is not a good thing at all, but it’s better than doing this,” added Ivetzy Sosa of Washington Heights.

Police were examining surveillance video from inside the store.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: NYPD: Fetus Found In Teen’s Bag Inside Manhattan Victoria’s Secret
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:42:38 pm »
I guess cBS New York doesn't realize if she "gave birth" it is not a fetus it was a baby.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:47:04 am »
Sometimes I wonder if we don't have a generation of sociopaths.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »
I guess cBS New York doesn't realize if she "gave birth" it is not a fetus it was a baby.

"fetus" gets her off the hook for infanticide.

I find it amusing....if that appropriate in this case...that she went to Victoria's Secret, which specializes in sexy lingerie.....even before she took the time to discard the baby/fetus.

Sick and twisted generation coming up.....but then again, all old people think the young ones are nutz!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »
I'm just amazed at some of the bystander comments the editors let in the story. A woman from Upper West Side of Manhattan said that? I hope she wasn't met by the torch and pitchfork crowd when she got back to her apartment? As it is she may have to surrender her liberal membership card.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 02:24:37 pm »
"fetus" gets her off the hook for infanticide.

I find it amusing....if that appropriate in this case...that she went to Victoria's Secret, which specializes in sexy lingerie.....even before she took the time to discard the baby/fetus.

Sick and twisted generation coming up.....but then again, all old people think the young ones are nutz!

Twelve years ago, my niece decided abortion would be the best thing for her situation. She went to a clinic in Dayton, Ohio. When she got there, there were several other young girls who were chit-chatting about soap operas and their party plans for the weekend. This disheartened my niece because she expected a room full of solemn women, some weeping over their decisions.

She was asked by the receptionist to fill out a form, and tried to ask questions, but could tell the lady was put off, so gave up, and went back to her chair. As she watched the others being so nonchalant about killing their babies, she wanted to tell them to shut up and think about what they were doing. So upset was she, that when her name was called, she walked out. She later had a little boy, the love of her life.

Liberals tell us how agonizing it is for these women who have abortions. For some, it is a horrible event, but for others, it's just another way of birth control. They just don't care about their babies.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 02:48:45 pm »

People have always been crazy.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 06:34:46 pm »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 06:37:27 pm »
Wrong.

There have been sick, twisted and disgusting people in every generation since the beginning of civilization.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »
There have been sick, twisted and disgusting people in every generation since the beginning of civilization.

Nothing like we are seeing today.  We are seeing kids in inner cities no better than feral cats.... you're too young to see it.  Kids were better educated in the 1800's in the 6th and 8th grade than most college graduates today and they had more responsibility at younger ages.  Those are the people who left this country for people to take for granted and destroy all they accomplished.

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 06:49:26 pm »
Nothing like we are seeing today.  We are seeing kids in inner cities no better than feral cats.... you're too young to see it.  Kids were better educated in the 1800's in the 6th and 8th grade than most college graduates today and they had more responsibility at younger ages.  Those are the people who left this country for people to take for granted and destroy all they accomplished.

Amen, Rap! It wasn't that long ago that we didn't lock doors, could walk anywhere, and not hold guard over our children when they went outside to play. Mom would tell us to be home by supper, and off we'd go in different directions. We were disciplined, so knew to follow rules. We had a sense of pride when we got complimented, and didn't want to embarrass our families by doing stupid things. A young pregnant girl was rare. Even they, the mostly got married, or gave their babies up for adoption. There were single parents, but they were few and far between.

There is so much that is different now, and the kids miss out on so much fun and joy from freedom our parents could afford to us because it was safe.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 06:51:29 pm »
Amen, Rap! It wasn't that long ago that we didn't lock doors, could walk anywhere, and not hold guard over our children when they went outside to play. Mom would tell us to be home by supper, and off we'd go in different directions. We were disciplined, so knew to follow rules. We had a sense of pride when we got complimented, and didn't want to embarrass our families by doing stupid things. A young pregnant girl was rare. Even they, the mostly got married, or gave their babies up for adoption. There were single parents, but they were few and far between.

There is so much that is different now, and the kids miss out on so much fun and joy from freedom our parents could afford to us because it was safe.

Yep........ the younger generation has give up so much of their freedom and don't even know what they have lost in the process... us old farts know all too well what they have so willingly given away.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »

Young, arrogant whippersnappers don't believe that things have changed.

They've been lied to so much by popular culture into thinking the 50's were worse than today (in order to excuse the bad behavior going on with this generation), that they are oblivious to the truth.

Things were drastically different when I grew up than they are now.  We'd go play in the woods, ride our bikes for miles, trek off all over the place as long as we were home by dinner, and I think became stronger people because of it.

The idea that 'there have always been bad people,' while technically true, completely denies the fact that America was a more moral place 50 years ago than it is now.  The culture respected morality and looked down on immorality.

Today's culture celebrates debauchery and ridicules morality.

And we wonder why we're in such a mess.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:16 pm »
More:
Victoria’s Secret ‘thief’ faces homicide charges
By Natasha Velez, Jamie Schram and Larry Celona
NY Post
October 18, 2013 | 2:01pm

The dead baby boy found shoved in the bag of a Herald Square Victoria’s Secret shoplifting suspect died of asphyxiation soon after being born alive at full term, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Friday.

The grisly findings mean that the the baby’s mother, 17-year-old Tiona Rodriguez of Brooklyn, now faces homicide charges on top of the shoplifting rap she’d originally been busted on, a source said, as the teen awaited arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court.

Rodriguez has a two-year-old son at home and has been in custody since Thursday afternoon, when a security guard stopped her as she allegedly looted lingerie from the flagship store at 34th Street and Broadway.

The guard held Rodriguez and her companion, Francis Estevez, until police came and made the horrific discovery by looking in the foul-smelling bag while they waited, a source said.

The boy’s tiny corpse was clean, as if he had been washed — or drowned, one source noted. But the smell emanating from it led cops to believe the baby had been dead for more than 24 hours.

A preliminary examination has determined that the boy had been born alive and found no signs of external trauma, sources said.

Rodriguez had told police that she had a miscarriage, a source said.

“She said she had the baby yesterday,” another source said. “She said it was not full-term. She said she didn’t know what to do with it.”

Rodriguez, who lives in the Marcy Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant, was taken to Bellevue Hospital for evaluation, and remained there Friday afternoon, sources said.

The gruesome news of the baby’s remains shocked shoppers at the chain store.

“It makes me feel sick. I don’t understand the thought process, to have a baby in a bag and then shoplift,” said Erit Maor, a 27-year-old graduate student from Forest Hills.

“I think it’s very strange that they didn’t shut down the store. I feel a level of disrespect,” she added.

Maor said it was business as usual in the store, adding that she didn’t even realize that the macabre discovery had taken place.

“You wouldn’t know anything had happened if you were in there. You would think it would look like a crime scene,” she said. “I’ve never heard of anything like this.”

Other stunned shoppers believed mental illness played a role.

“I think it’s crazy. It’s a newborn baby in a bag. I just had a baby a month ago and I’m shocked,” said Jazmin Barrett, 24, a hostess from The Bronx. “She needs some psychological help.”

Yvonne Sonera, 44, a student from Jamaica, Queens, agreed.

“That’s horrible. She must be going through a big depression. She’s not well,” Sonera said. “I’m surprised that could happen here with that many people around.”

Another shopper, Angelica Vera, 16, of Manhattan, said, “It’s kind of shocking. She didn’t do anything about it. She should have talked to her parents or gone to the hospital.”

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 12:44:07 am »
It is a natural instinct to protect babies. Even children love to nurture them. Down syndrome children have the nurturing instinct, as well.  Whether the girl is mentally challenged, depressed or whatever is a moot point. When a young lady puts her needs ahead of her baby, she is a narcissist of the worse kind.