Author Topic: One Guy Can Make a Difference [Rush on Cruz]  (Read 780 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
One Guy Can Make a Difference [Rush on Cruz]
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:56:21 pm »

One Guy Can Make a Difference
October 17, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Ladies and gentlemen, there's another thing that flyover country learned today, and this one is being totally missed inside the Beltway.  It is being missed by everybody -- I mean, practically everybody -- and especially it's being missed by Republicans.  But this isn't new, folks.  Way back in the late fifties, early sixties (I forget the exact date), William F. Buckley Jr. started National Review. He wrote then of his conservative buddies who were the purebreds, the thoroughbreds, versus the (as he called them) "well-fed Republicans."

We call 'em the Republican establishment. "Well-fed" is exactly right.  He talked about how the well-fed Republicans referred to Buckley and the gang at National Review as extremists and they were dangerous and they were gonna destroy the party.  I think this may be a shock to some of you to think that this battle in the Republican Party establishment versus conservative has been going on this long.

It has been, and it really is not just the Republican Party.

It is the Washington establishment.  I think that word's getting over done, overused, including by me. But Washington is its own fiefdom, and for the longest time has existed as odds with the American people, other than at election time.  At election time everybody in Washington goes out and makes the people think that they're number one and what they want is what's gonna happen. "Vote for me, and that's what's gonna happen! Vote for me and that's what you're gonna get!

"Vote for me, and what I'm gonna campaign on, I'm gonna implement! I'm gonna govern this way," and it never happens. You get to Washington, the culture takes over, the establishment takes over -- and for the longest time it's been the Washington establishment versus people.  It's a natural outgrowth of power.  Inside the Beltway is the seat of power.  It's where all the money is, and there's all kinds of hands trying to grab the money -- and it's a lot of money.  It's trillions.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/10/17/one_guy_can_make_a_difference

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: One Guy Can Make a Difference [Rush on Cruz]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:26:38 pm »
Rush is right! AGAIN!

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:28:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Re: One Guy Can Make a Difference [Rush on Cruz]
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »
I just read this after I wrote my reply elsewhere to aligncare...  sounds like I am channeling Rush today ~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776