Author Topic: Gohmert fires back: On Syria, McCain would be better off having ‘no intelligence’  (Read 1272 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/17/gohmert-fires-back-on-syria-mccain-would-be-better-off-having-no-intelligence/

Gohmert fires back: On Syria, McCain would be better off having ‘no intelligence’
Posted By Jamie Weinstein On 1:15 PM 10/17/2013 In Politics

Conservative firebrand Rep. Louie Gohmert is firing back at Sen. John McCain after the Arizona Republican called him a dummy Wednesday night.

The Gohmert-McCain feud started last week when Gohmert, a Texas Republican, referred to McCain as a “guy who’s been to Syria and supported al Qaida and rebels.” (Related: Expert who traveled with Syrian rebels: So-called ‘moderates’ are Muslim Brotherhood-style Islamists)

When NBC’s Brian Williams brought up Gohmert’s comments in an interview with McCain Wednesday, the 2008 presidential candidate dismissed them, saying it isn’t worth responding to “someone” who “has no intelligence.”

Now Gohmert says that if he has “no intelligence,” then McCain’s Syria policy would benefit from having “no intelligence” too.

“Obviously, Senator McCain would be better off with ‘no intelligence’ since he does not know the Syrian opposition he met with is infested with al-Qaeda and terrorist kidnappers,” Gohmert told The Daily Caller in a statement. (Related: McCain wanted to have sleepover with Syrian kidnappers)

“His ‘intelligence’ even caused him to support the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt that burned churches and killed Christians, as the Senator stood against the will of the massive majority of Egyptians including moderate Muslims, Christians, and secularists who demanded the Muslim Brotherhood extremist persecutions must end,” Gohmert added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Both of these men are extremely petty.  Gomer Gohmert did not actually go to Syria to meet with anybody, so he's just speculating.  Not every opposition group in Syria is affiliated with al-Qaeda, although some are.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Listen, Gohmert.

You want to mouth off about Syria? bleep go there. Spend a month. Talk to the people who are being shot at daily. Live with them and live like them. Then maybe I'll listen to you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

Listen, Gohmert.

You want to mouth off about Syria? bleeping go there. Spend a month. Talk to the people who are being shot at daily. Live with them and live like them. Then maybe I'll listen to you

EC, seems you shot your arrow and hit the wrong target. Gohmert was not talking about the situation in Syria but rather how McCain, who insulted his intelligence, DID go there and came back praising rebels who are largely jihadis and may have connections with Al Queda.

Stunningly, McCain Rejects ReportSyrian Rebels Are 70% Jihadis

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/10563

It also has to be pointed out that once again it was McCain who initiated this latest quarrel. Just as he began the discord with the Tea Party faction by calling them "whacko birds", so, too, did he do it here by claiming Gohmert “has no intelligence.” Perhaps Gohmert should not have retaliated, but it is legitimate, since he raised the issue, to question McCain's intelligence given his apparent naivete concerning the Syrian rebels.

Then, too, I note McCain somehow once again escapes criticism for his part in starting all this, though I don't know how. I expect better than this of you. Maybe not that other guy, but you, yes.

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Gohmert was specifically targeting McCain for going to Syria and MEETING with AlQueda Terrorists.  HE was PHOTOGRAPHED with them, this is no secret, the man is either completly senile or a flipping terrorist sympathizer or both.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Listen, Gohmert.

You want to mouth off about Syria? bleeping go there. Spend a month. Talk to the people who are being shot at daily. Live with them and live like them. Then maybe I'll listen to you

EC, seems you shot your arrow and hit the wrong target. Gohmert was not talking about the situation in Syria but rather how McCain, who insulted his intelligence, DID go there and came back praising rebels who are largely jihadis and may have connections with Al Queda.

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/10563

It also has to be pointed out that once again it was McCain who initiated this latest quarrel. Just as he began the discord with the Tea Party faction by calling them "whacko birds", so, too, did he do it here by claiming Gohmert “has no intelligence.” Perhaps Gohmert should not have retaliated, but it is legitimate, since he raised the issue, to question McCain's intelligence given his apparent naivete concerning the Syrian rebels.

Then, too, I note McCain somehow once again escapes criticism for his part in starting all this, though I don't know how. I expect better than this of you. Maybe not that other guy, but you, yes.

Fair enough. I expect McCain to be an bleep. Kinder people than I have called him senile - I consider him actively evil and have done since 2008. Chalk it up to a knee jerk reaction.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink