Author Topic: John McCain: The 11th Commandment......this is rich!  (Read 2117 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain: The 11th Commandment......this is rich!
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:06:42 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=82FCCDE7-EEF1-4638-86D3-7DEBB327204A

John McCain: The 11th Commandment
By: Mackenzie Weinger
October 17, 2013 08:50 AM EDT

Sen. John McCain on Thursday called for divided Republicans to unite in the aftermath of the contentious shutdown and debt ceiling fight.

The Arizona Republican told CNN that although Republicans must continue to debate a number of issues splitting the party, “at the end of the day we’ve got to come together.”

“There’s going to be a fight in our party. There’s a fight in our party,” McCain said on “New Day.” “And that has to be waged. And it’s been there before. It’s also about internationalists versus isolationists. There’s debates that are going to go on in our party. And it’s probably healthy for us to have that debate. But at the end of the day we’ve got to come together.”

“Some place along the line we forgot Ronald Reagan’s 11th commandment,” he added. “You know what it was? Don’t speak ill of your fellow Republicans. We’ve done way too much of that.”

McCain also predicted that during the next fight the government would not be shut down as “people have been too traumatized.”

“We’re not going to shutdown the government again,” he said. “I guarantee it.”

The lesson of this shutdown and the subsequent deal, McCain said, will hopefully be “stop this foolish childishness.”

“The president won,” he said. “I give him credit. He won. But he should have negotiated more earlier and we could have prevented some of this pain.”

And there is no question that “everybody suffered in this,” the senator said.

“One thing that politicians want, it’s approval,” McCain added. “The American people spoke loud and clear. They disapprove of what we’re doing. So we’ve got to stop this childishness.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John McCain: The 11th Commandment......this is rich!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »
#$%@ Juan McCain and all his RINO pals!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »
#$%@ Juan McCain and all his RINO pals!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:02:30 pm »
“Some place along the line we forgot Ronald Reagan’s 11th commandment,” he added. “You know what it was? Don’t speak ill of your fellow Republicans. We’ve done way too much of that.”

Yeah, you senile old crow!  You've done way to much of that!   :nometalk:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:07:03 pm »

Yeah, you senile old crow!  You've done way to much of that!   :nometalk:

Except the old coot ignores the fact this was to stop liberal Republicans like McCain  from trashing conservative Republicans... like Ted Cruz.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »
I just can't take him seriously because he's a whacko bird.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »
I just can't take him seriously because he's a whacko bird.

And you're being kind  :smokin:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »
And you're being kind  :smokin:

Like I said they drug the stenographer off the floor last night for being crazy and still McCain remains.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »
Like I said they drug the stenographer off the floor last night for being crazy and still McCain remains.

He's a most useful idiot.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:56 pm »
He's a most useful idiot.

For both parties.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 11:11:54 pm »
For both parties.

That's what makes him "most" useful.  And he loves that position.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:56 pm »
That's what makes him "most" useful.  And he loves that position.

He sure does. 

For some reason he fancies himself the leader of the GOP - loser that he was... I guess he thinks losing was winning or something.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 11:24:52 pm »
For some reason he fancies himself the leader of the GOP - loser that he was

Because the Obama media elected him leader. They know that whenever they go to him for a comment they can be sure he will run down Conservatives and Tea Partiers, so they go to him.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 11:28:52 pm »
For some reason he fancies himself the leader of the GOP - loser that he was

Because the Obama media elected him leader. They know that whenever they go to him for a comment they can be sure he will run down Conservatives and Tea Partiers, so they go to him.

Hannity has really been going after him on his radio program the last couple of days, I have to assume on his Fox show not so much???

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 11:32:31 pm »

For some reason he fancies himself the leader of the GOP - loser that he was... I guess he thinks losing was winning or something.

Yes, he does.  And this why McCain's hatred of Cruz is visceral and abrasive.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 11:35:40 pm »
Yes, he does.  And this why McCain's hatred of Cruz is visceral and abrasive.

I just wish he didn't have control over Flake... talk about a disappointment... and I saw it coming, Flake was never his own person in congress, I knew he wouldn't be in the senate.