Author Topic: Where is the apology to conservatives over McCain?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Politics4us

Where is the apology to conservatives over McCain?
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:11:59 pm »
Conservatives who were angry that McCain was winning the primary in 2008, and later went on to win the primary were told to calm down, and that McCain was the right candidate. You know the examples that have taken place since 2008 that prove that the conservatives were right to be angry over the fact that McCain was going to be the GOP's candidate. Where is the apology?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Where is the apology to conservatives over McCain?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:33:12 pm »
I would advise not holding your breath waiting for it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:00:05 pm »
Conservatives who were angry that McCain was winning the primary in 2008, and later went on to win the primary were told to calm down, and that McCain was the right candidate. You know the examples that have taken place since 2008 that prove that the conservatives were right to be angry over the fact that McCain was going to be the GOP's candidate. Where is the apology?

Elections, even primary elections, are won with votes.  Whatever candidate you were backing in 2008 didn't get enough votes.

Why do you deserve an apology? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »
Elections, even primary elections, are won with votes.  Whatever candidate you were backing in 2008 didn't get enough votes.

Why do you deserve an apology?

Because, conservative news outlets contributed to those votes as a result of not covering the negatives of McCain, while criticizing the other candidates running in the primary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:20:00 pm »
Because, conservative news outlets contributed to those votes as a result of not covering the negatives of McCain, while criticizing the other candidates running in the primary.

That's funny.  McCain got trashed on a regular basis, as I remember. 

Who were you supporting?  I liked Rudy Guiliani, but he waited too late to get into the primaries.  Fred Thompson never materialized.  Mitt Romney was strong, but he dropped out rather than fight McCain and weaken him.

Sometimes our guy wins, sometimes he loses.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 02:21:25 pm »

When the primary election is rigged to produce a particular outcome from the outset the votes are only for show!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 02:23:25 pm »
When the primary election is rigged to produce a particular outcome from the outset the votes are only for show!

Primaries are not rigged. Voters vote in primaries.

Remember in 2008 when everyone thought Fred Thompson was inevitable?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 02:26:55 pm »
Primaries are not rigged. Voters vote in primaries.

Remember in 2008 when everyone thought Fred Thompson was inevitable?

You are CRAZY! Begone!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 03:42:28 pm »
That's funny.  McCain got trashed on a regular basis, as I remember. 

Who were you supporting?  I liked Rudy Guiliani, but he waited too late to get into the primaries.  Fred Thompson never materialized.  Mitt Romney was strong, but he dropped out rather than fight McCain and weaken him.

Sometimes our guy wins, sometimes he loses.

Fox News, Wall St. Journal, and the former elected Republicans?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:29 pm »
You are CRAZY! Begone!

Be nice.  If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore.

I ain't going ANYWHERE, pal.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 03:49:19 pm »
Fox News, Wall St. Journal, and the former elected Republicans?

THey didn't criticize McCain?  Hannity did, I remember, and even the WSJ was critical of him. 

Why would former elected Republicans criticize a  potential nominee?  That's nuts.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 04:47:39 pm »
THey didn't criticize McCain?  Hannity did, I remember, and even the WSJ was critical of him. 

Why would former elected Republicans criticize a  potential nominee?  That's nuts.

Hannity isn't the news. WSJ wasn't critical of him. I said former republicans went on to endorse him, and lectured McCain's critics.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 07:10:05 pm »
Anyone who does not realize Fox settles on a candidate hasn't been paying attention.  They loved Rudy until he was a candidate.. then if he wanted them to cover him he had to go make a speech somewhere.  Same with Rick Perry v Romney.  Fox spent four years promoting Romney, thy did not want to give Perry the time of day when he was leading and were all over his gaffe.  Now Fox has been pushing Christie..nuff said...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:11:48 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »
Perry made two huge mistakes.

He had back surgery. I don't care how tough you are, meds and pain will make you hazy when you speak, and the debate format - standing - did him no favors.

He didn't play to his strengths. He isn't a debater, though he can hold his own. He is a retail politician, best at off the cuff talk and  meet and greets. He's no Newt. That guy can turn a simple question into a thesis instantly. Perry is more the sort of guy you'd like to sit down and have a beer with.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 07:38:01 pm »
Perry made two huge mistakes.

He had back surgery. I don't care how tough you are, meds and pain will make you hazy when you speak, and the debate format - standing - did him no favors.

He didn't play to his strengths. He isn't a debater, though he can hold his own. He is a retail politician, best at off the cuff talk and  meet and greets. He's no Newt. That guy can turn a simple question into a thesis instantly. Perry is more the sort of guy you'd like to sit down and have a beer with.

I agree with what you said but he made an even bigger mistake which is to allow his hired political advisers to talk him out of standing on those things he REALLY believes and wrote about in his book!

"The statists believe in a powerful, activist central government that advances a radical secular agenda in the name of compassion. The hide behind misguided notions of empathy and push token talking points about fighting for the little guy, all the while empowering the federal government to coercively and blatantly undermine state-, local-, and self-governance.” pg. 320

“The truth is, I don’t care what party the statist is in. The fact of the matter is, it is the statist, and those who support or enable him, who is the problem. For too long he has undermined this country by empowering the national government at the expense of liberty. An America defined by the statist in Washington is an America doomed to fail.”  pg. 338

(both quotes from Perry, Rick; Newt Gingrich (2010-11-15). Fed Up!: Our Fight to Save America from Washington.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:47:06 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »
I'll cut him some slack on his advisers.

It has been the same team for years. He owes them. I actually approve of that. A guy who stands by his team.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 08:02:54 pm »
I ain't going ANYWHERE, pal.

Well, aren't we lucky? It's like an early Christmas.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams