Author Topic: Park Service director blames threat of terrorism for closing Mall during shutdown  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

It is apparently a job requirement that if you work for Obama, you lie like a rug.

The National Park Service director told Congress on Wednesday that he had to shut down the open-air memorials on the Mall during the government shutdown because of terrorism, saying that closing them was the only way to protect them “in a post-9/11 world.”

Director Jonathan B. Jarvis also said his agency had received intelligence showing an increased threat of danger since the shutdown began — though he would not tell two House committees what those warnings were...

Mr. Jarvis acknowledged he ran his closure plans by the White House, though he couldn’t remember who he spoke with. He said the decisions were his, not the White House’s.

This guy Jarvis is human scum and has done irreparable harm to he public's relationship with the National Parks Service personnel.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/16/park-service-director-blames-threat-terrorism-clos/?page=2
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The sad thing is, if they had come out with this excuse straight away very few people would have questioned it.

You guys really need to man up about terrorists.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

The terrorists were  89-year-old men wearing American Legion caps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

Why aren't there rent a mobs being hired to surround this man's house and sh*t on his lawn?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:23:09 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

Why aren't there rent a mobs being hired to surround this man's house and sh*t on his lawn?

Cause he's on the same side as the thugs who do that kind of thing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

Cause he's on the same side as the thugs who do that kind of thing.

A wise man once said something about dragging a 100 dollar bill through a trailer park.  Or maybe he wasn't so wise.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

A wise man once said something about dragging a 100 dollar bill through a trailer park.  Or maybe he wasn't so wise.

:laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.