Author Topic: GOP Strategist’s Bizarre Ted Cruz Attack Makes Anderson Cooper Ask: ‘Are You High?’  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/16/gop-strategists-bizarre-ted-cruz-attack-makes-anderson-cooper-ask-are-you-high/

GOP Strategist’s Bizarre Ted Cruz Attack Makes Anderson Cooper Ask: ‘Are You High?’

Oct. 16, 2013 3:23pm Jason Howerton

When Republican strategist Alex Castellanos compared Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-Texas) shutdown strategy to “bunny sex,” CNN’s Anderson Cooper had to ask him if he was stoned.

GOP Strategists Bizarre Ted Cruz Attack Makes Anderson Cooper Ask: Are You High?

Screengrab via CNN

“A friend explained to me today, finally, what Ted Cruz is doing,” Castellanos said Monday. “And I finally understand: He’s having bunny sex.”

In an attempt to dampen the awkwardness of the bizarre statement, Cooper joked: “This is the late-night edition of ’360.’”

Rather than blowing past the comment, Castellanos actually tried to explain his logic.

“In nature, there are boom-and-bust cycles. The snowshoe hare, every 10 years, multiplies sixfold,” he explained.

“Are you high?” a stunned Cooper replied.

“I’m high. Totally high. Let me explain. I wish I was,” Castellanos joked. “The snowshoe hare — I thought it’s a marvelous explanation — every 10 years, multiplies sixfold. Bunnies like sex apparently. But the boom produces a bust. They press their food supply, they invite predators. Right now, Ted Cruz, what’s he’s doing, feels good. He’s growing his supporters. He’s leading the Republican Party, I think, into a bust.”

“I think you’re digging a ditch, Alex,” Cooper said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0JETXX5W30

As the segment came to an end, Cooper was still confused about the “bunny sex” analogy.

“We’ll have a man-to-man talk later,” Castellanos said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
GOP Strategist is pretty much someone who can't find a real job.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline R4 TrumPence

GOP Strategist is pretty much someone who can't find a real job.

The media would do better with GOP Strategists, if they picked them off this forum!!! :patriot:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The media would do better with GOP Strategists, if they picked them off this forum!!! :patriot:

I doubt you know just how true that statement is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

He should have used language Anderson Cooper would appreciate, like "teabag."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

Photo of GOP Strategist

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776