Author Topic: Graham: Polls factored into GOP folding  (Read 1735 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: Polls factored into GOP folding
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:22:00 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/328979-graham-polls-factored-into-gop-folding

Graham: Polls factored into GOP folding
By Jonathan Easley - 10/16/13 08:20 PM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Wednesday that the polling backlash against the Republican Party was one of the reasons Senate Republicans were eager to cut a deal with Democrats.

“Well you can’t let 20 or 30 polls cloud you’re thinking apparently,” Graham said sarcastically on CNN’s AC360. “Of course they had an impact, of course they had an impact. And to the people on my side that think this turned out to be a good idea, I just think that turned out not to be reality.”

A string of devastating polling released in the last two weeks showed the public’s view of the Republican Party has fallen to historically low levels. The surveys consistently showed the GOP bearing the brunt of the blame for the unpopular government shutdown.

One Gallup survey showed that only 28 percent have a favorable view of the GOP, the worst rating Gallup has ever registered for a political party. That’s also a 10 percent plunge from Gallup's previous poll in September, when 38 percent had a favorable view of Republicans.

“By the time we made the deal we were at 75 percent disapproval,” Graham said. “Not a whole lot of leverage when 75 percent of the people don’t like what you’re doing.”

Support for the Tea Party has also reached its lowest point ever, according to a Pew survey released on Wednesday. Pew found that a growing number of Republicans now hold a negative view of the movement, and overall only 37 percent of the public says they have a positive view of the Tea Party.

Congressional Democrats and President Obama have also seen their favorability ratings erode, but not nearly to the degree of their Republican counterparts.

Lindsey Graham        ✔ @GrahamBlog

We could have done much, much better. ....By the time we got to this point, we were playing poker only holding a pair of twos.
4:45 PM - 16 Oct 2013
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Graham: Polls factored into GOP folding
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:22:43 am »
Idiots..most of the polls were manufactured to suit the Dems...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:33:31 am »

Graham knows that.

R4 I hope you are able to get out and work your rear off to defeat this weasel.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:12:11 am »
Lindsey Graham
To say we as Republicans left a lot on the table would be one of the biggest understatements in American political history. We could have done much, much better. Unfortunately, given where we now find ourselves, this agreement was the best Senator McConnell could do. By the time we got to this point, we were playing poker only holding a pair of twos.

Today’s agreement is far from great news but brings to an end, at least temporarily, a disaster. It stops the bleeding and gives us a chance to regroup.

On the positive side, the agreement preserves the spending caps and makes modest changes to protect taxpayers from what will be rampant fraud in Obamacare income verification procedures.

On the negative side, we did nothing to address the long-term drivers of our national debt.

I’m also very disappointed the agreement did not require every Member of Congress to participate in Obamacare. I will work with Senator Vitter to make sure Congress and the President have to live under this disaster of a law, just like every other American.

I’m glad this chapter is coming to a close but make no mistake, there are no winners here. President Obama was AWOL when it came to leadership. Democrats in the Congress constantly moved the goalposts and were focused only on scoring political points. And as Republicans, we overplayed our hand.

I hope we learn from the past few weeks. The problems with Obamacare will now be out in the open once this agreement is passed into law and the Republican Party still has an opportunity in 2014 because every Democrat owns this terrible idea called Obamacare.
Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:15:14 am »
A string of devastating polling released in the last two weeks showed the public’s view of the Republican Party has fallen to historically low levels. The surveys consistently showed the GOP bearing the brunt of the blame for the unpopular government shutdown.

One Gallup survey showed that only 28 percent have a favorable view of the GOP, the worst rating Gallup has ever registered for a political party. That’s also a 10 percent plunge from Gallup's previous poll in September, when 38 percent had a favorable view of Republicans.
For WHAT?!?! It was the Democrats who refused to negotiate. It was the Democrats who demanded a perfect bill. It was Democrats who refused to touch the still unpopular and dysfunctional Obamacare. Yet somehow the idiots who respond to these polls blame... the Republicans?!

Either the polls are rigged, wrong (Gallup did have Romney +7 before the election, after all) or America is truly lost. If the people of America truly believe that Republicans were at fault for this, they have been brainwashed, and no amount of any standard rhetoric will fix things.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 02:34:32 am »

So all the dems have to do is get their friends in the media to manufacture some phony polls and the GOP runs screaming for the exits!

How wonderful is that?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 02:47:34 am »
Lindsay Graham is so full of @rap... he knows he is in trouble in SC.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:06 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/328979-graham-polls-factored-into-gop-folding
Support for the Tea Party has also reached its lowest point ever, according to a Pew survey released on Wednesday. Pew found that a growing number of Republicans now hold a negative view of the movement, and overall only 37 percent of the public says they have a positive view of the Tea Party.

Did Ted do that?   :headbang:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 10:07:31 am »

Do you disagree with the tea party's raison d'être? You seem to revel in their unpopularity.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 11:01:02 am »
Do you disagree with the tea party's raison d'être? You seem to revel in their unpopularity.
No I disagree with their road paving tactics.  Their intentions are good

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:58 am »
Note that the TP is still nine points more popular than the GOP and, according to some polls, on par in popularity with the President and his whole cult of personality.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 12:13:44 pm »
Note that the TP is still nine points more popular than the GOP and, according to some polls, on par in popularity with the President and his whole cult of personality.

Yes.  I don't know the statistics, but I'd wager that EVERYONE'S polling points are down right now.  I don't put much stock in polls = it's a hell of a way to govern!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!