Author Topic: Van Jones Celebrates Ted Cruz’s ‘Humiliating Defeat’ on CNN  (Read 1456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/van-jones-celebrates-ted-cruzs-humiliating-defeat-on-cnn/

Van Jones Celebrates Ted Cruz’s ‘Humiliating Defeat’ on CNN
by Matt Wilstein | 1:20 pm, October 16th, 2013

In light of a deal struck by Senate leaders to reopen the government and avoid default on the country’s debt, CNN’s Van Jones cheered what he viewed as a “humiliating defeat” for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) who expressed his dissatisfaction with the compromise, while saying he would not take steps to block it.

Jones appeared on CNN shortly after the Senate announcement along with his Crossfire co-host Newt Gingrich. Wolf Blitzer began by asking the former Speaker of the House if he would have voted for this legislation if he were still in Congress. “I have no idea,” Gingrich said, explaining that he would need to see the fine print on the bill before making an assessment.

Van Jones, meanwhile, hailed the bill as a “big deal” that could ultimately affirm the “governability of the United States.” He praised “heroes” who worked behind the scenes like Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) in contrast to Cruz, who “went down to a humiliating defeat today as he deserved.”

But for Gingrich, today is a “very sad day” for America, “because the president adopted a strategy of vilifying his opponents and refusing to negotiate and it worked.” Without “fixing” the Affordable Care Act or entitlements, Gingrich said we were just “kicking the can down the road.”

Naturally, Jones saw things differently, commending President Obama for refusing to “negotiate with a party that has been hijacked by its far right-wing.” He added, “The president stood up to the bullying. I’m proud of the president today. I’m proud Harry Reid today. I’m proud of McConnell today. I’m proud of Amy Klobuchar. I think Ted Cruz should be ashamed of himself.”

Jones summed up his point like this: “Nobody wins today, but Ted Cruz loses today.”

Watch video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

famousdayandyear

Re: Van Jones Celebrates Ted Cruz’s ‘Humiliating Defeat’ on CNN
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:06:13 pm »
Very confident there are many who benefit from the status quo celebrating the Senate's cave today.  Real losers are everyday Americans in flyover country.  But the establishment is now safe, y'all.  Yeah!  :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:40 pm »
Very confident there are many who benefit from the status quo celebrating the Senate's cave today.  Real losers are everyday Americans in flyover country.  But the establishment is now safe, y'all.  Yeah!  :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Don't forget those who are sucking on the Obamacare teat and only concerned with their 401k.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:37 pm »
Ted Cruz didn't lose today.  Americans did.

Ted will fight again .... and more will join him.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:34:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 11:46:39 pm »
Wish this were posted in the "Politics" category for those who wish to co-celebrate with Van Jones. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 11:47:05 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI

With apologies to the late Karen Carpenter, we've only just begun.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 03:30:29 am »

I think it hurts all Americans, some are just too stupid to see it.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 03:32:16 am »
/snicker

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 08:16:41 am »
Did anyone honestly not see this coming?

I am more surprised at how many senators opposed it for so long.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 10:41:39 am »

Flyover country such as:

Tom Harkin
Al Franken
Claire McCaskill
Joe Manchin
Jay Rockefeller
Mary Landrieu
Dick Gephardt (ret)
Harry Reid
Dick Durbin
Mark Pryor
Just off the top of my head in Senate.  That flyover country?  That bastion of common sense, farmer's wisdom and Bible Belt morality?  Remove the beam.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:43:04 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.