Author Topic: Daily KOS reader: Obamacare will double my monthly premium  (Read 1657 times)

rangerrebew

Daily KOS reader: Obamacare will double my monthly premium
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:48:39 am »
Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 01:36 PM PDT.

Obamacare will double my monthly premium (according to Kaiser)

byTirge CapsFollow .

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any bleeping penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

What am I missing?

I realize I will probably get screamed at for posting this, but I can't imagine I am the only Californian who just received a rate increase from Kaiser based on these new laws.

UPDATE: Updated the title per some requests. I appreciate all the helpful comments. I am   now on baby duty but will go through these later for more information. I can't keep up with all the comments right now.

I really do appreciate the helpful comments. Peace all. Peace out

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/30/1242660/-Obamacare-will-double-my-monthly-premium#
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:49:21 am by rangerrebew »

Offline olde north church

Re: Daily KOS reader: Obamacare will double my monthly premium
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:54:30 am »
http://Http://www.sadtrombone.com , press button for schadenfreude sound effect. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:30:58 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 12:14:28 pm »
Relax comrade, it's all going according to plan.

Single payer is on the way.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »
What the hell kind of reform is this?

The kind you voted for, you nincompoop.

If you had half a brain, you would have listened to the smart people in the country (i.e. conservatives) and not believed a word your lying 'god' said.

I suppose I should be happy that these idiots are waking up, but I'm too mad at them for destroying the greatest country on earth because they were ignorant fools.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:27:04 pm »
I suppose I should be happy that these idiots are waking up, but I'm too mad at them for destroying the greatest country on earth because they were ignorant fools.

They'll never wake up. They are damaged. It's like a domestic dispute, we can observe, but we had better stay out of the way, or both will turn their anger on us.

I've resigned myself to enjoying the pain the Obamabots are going to have inflicted upon them. The more pain the better, those people aren't Americans in any sense I recognize, so I will delight in their pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 01:32:01 pm »
They'll never wake up. They are damaged. It's like a domestic dispute, we can observe, but we had better stay out of the way, or both will turn their anger on us.

I've resigned myself to enjoying the pain the Obamabots are going to have inflicted upon them. The more pain the better, those people aren't Americans in any sense I recognize, so I will delight in their pain.

You're probably right that they are too damaged to ever wake up from their Obamacoma.

I would enjoy their pain a lot more if good, innocent, hard-working people weren't suffering the same pain that these losers are....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »
You're probably right that they are too damaged to ever wake up from their Obamacoma.

I would enjoy their pain a lot more if good, innocent, hard-working people weren't suffering the same pain that these losers are....

Perhaps the pain that the good, innocent people feel will strengthen their resolve to engage and stand up to the communists?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 01:42:38 pm »
Perhaps the pain that the good, innocent people feel will strengthen their resolve to engage and stand up to the communists?

Good point, Relic.  This has really made people angry.  People who haven't cared a lot before and have been unaware that those of us who have been portrayed as "extremists" were right all along.

Maybe this will serve as a wake up call for anyone on the fence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:11 pm »
I don't know what to think now.
Maybe he should think about working to elect members of the House and Senate who would oppose this idiocy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 02:55:10 pm »

Even with the utter destruction of Germany and the Nazis, there are still people who admire and wish for the resurrection of Hitler; many of them are democrats/liberals. :headbang:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:55:45 pm by rangerrebew »