Author Topic: Mandatory voting?  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Mandatory voting?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »
Arizona is just as hot with a little less humidity unless I am mistaken. I was thinking more like Vermont or Maryland.

I'm with you, I loathe hot weather.  Probably from the 28 years I lived in the Texas heat.  I don't know what your personal circumstances are, but I don't believe Maryland is exactly a low tax state, but its a liberal haven.   Have you thought about New Hampshire?

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 07:36:40 pm »
I'm with you, I loathe hot weather.  Probably from the 28 years I lived in the Texas heat.  I don't know what your personal circumstances are, but I don't believe Maryland is exactly a low tax state, but its a liberal haven.   Have you thought about New Hampshire?

Any of the states up there would be way better than Florida.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 08:00:41 pm »
I think we should all vote third party for that reason.

Boy you are young.  You really need to start reading some of the books we've suggested on your threads and add to your body of knowledge something other than what liberal professors are feeding your brain.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 08:20:52 pm »
This thread is a great case in point of why it is best not to have the LIV's vote....

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,116648.0.html
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »
Boy you are young.  You really need to start reading some of the books we've suggested on your threads and add to your body of knowledge something other than what liberal professors are feeding your brain.

My dad is responsible for my corruption. He got me when I was young. :P

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 09:23:33 pm »
My dad is responsible for my corruption. He got me when I was young. :P

This doesn't mean because your dad thought one way you should not take the opportunity to educate and inform yourself about conservative principles... like I said many of us here have recommended reading to you.  It would go a long way in educating yourself if you read some of them. Read up on Woodrow Wilson and how his actions are affecting us today. Read the book that came out just this year on Calvin Coolidge - probably one of the most ignored and yet one of our best presidents - the book is called Coolidge.  Read The Forgotten Man by Amity Shales - an excellent book.  Read the Barton book recommended to you today on another thread...

BTW as someone who has said he wants to be a history professor I highly recommend you familiarize yourself with Barton - one of the best historians in this country today... unlike some who love to re-write history Barton has actually compiled ORIGINAL documents and has an extensive library.  He is one of my very favorite people because he is both humble and very, very smart. BTW our mountaineer on here went to school with Barton (just a bit of trivia there)