Author Topic: House GOP Cancels Vote By Robert Costa  (Read 3705 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House GOP Cancels Vote By Robert Costa
« on: October 15, 2013, 11:09:54 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361326/house-gop-cancels-vote-robert-costa

House GOP Cancels Vote
By Robert Costa
October 15, 2013 6:46 PM

My sources tell me House Republicans have postponed tonight’s vote on their plan to end the fiscal impasse. “The votes aren’t there,” says a leadership aide. “We’ve been amending the bill all day, but we’ve been unable to get people around this strategy.”

This development leaves Speaker John Boehner with few options as Thursday’s debt-ceiling deadline nears, and it throws the action back toward the Senate, which has been working on a bipartisan package.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: House GOP Cancels Vote By Robert Costa
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:52:04 pm »
Boehner's strait-jacketed by FreedomWorks and Jim DeMint at Heritage.  And by Ted Cruz, who's pulling Jim Jordan's strings and all those Tea Partiers.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:36 pm »
Boehner's strait-jacketed by FreedomWorks and Jim DeMint at Heritage.  And by Ted Cruz, who's pulling Jim Jordan's strings and all those Tea Partiers.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:11 pm »

In all fairness, Ted Cruz should stay out of the business of the House.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:00:29 am »
In all fairness, Ted Cruz should stay out of the business of the House.

He can't.  The House Tea Partiers are lap dogs for Cruz.  He's running the House, and these lemmings are afraid to cross him. 

Ted Cruz has burned a lot of bridges.  He just doesn't know it yet.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:01:58 am »
He can't.  The House Tea Partiers are lap dogs for Cruz.  He's running the House, and these lemmings are afraid to cross him. 

Ted Cruz has burned a lot of bridges.  He just doesn't know it yet.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 12:07:44 am »

At least your cartoons provide a little humor, in contrast to your nasty posts.

You're getting better.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:09:01 am »
The Surrender Lobby is deeply distressed.

Being a loser is easy. You get used to it. After a while, it starts to feel normal, and even... good.  Why fight? There's always tomorrow.

But tomorrow, you'll lose again, and enjoy it just a little more. After a while, you won't bother to fight any more.

Fighting and winning takes effort, and often... pain, and scars. Especially when everyone expects you to lose. Even your own side.

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”

- Sir Winston Churchill

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 12:15:59 am »
Fighting and winning takes effort, and often... pain, and scars. Especially when everyone expects you to lose. Even your own side.

Psst.  Conservatives are not winning. 

Champion poker players fold some hands.  We should have folded on September 30.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 12:17:00 am »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 12:24:11 am »
The Surrender Lobby is deeply distressed.

Being a loser is easy. You get used to it. After a while, it starts to feel normal, and even... good.  Why fight? There's always tomorrow.

But tomorrow, you'll lose again, and enjoy it just a little more. After a while, you won't bother to fight any more.

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”

- Sir Winston Churchill

Worth repeating.....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 12:44:52 am »

This is not a card game. It's not a game of any kind. It's a fight for individual freedom.

And in that fight, I'm in until I'm dead.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 12:46:56 am »
It's not a game of any kind.

Could have fooled me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 12:52:17 am »
This is not a card game. It's not a game of any kind. It's a fight for individual freedom.

And in that fight, I'm in until I'm dead.

How is fighting to defund a healthcare system that nobody can even sign up for worth a "fight to the death"?

Obamacare is not going to get anywhere CLOSE to signing up the numbers it needs to function.  The Democrats will be BEGGING Republicans this time next year to help fix it. 

THAT, my friend, is leverage.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:19 am »
How is fighting to defund a healthcare system that nobody can even sign up for worth a "fight to the death"?

Obamacare is not going to get anywhere CLOSE to signing up the numbers it needs to function.  The Democrats will be BEGGING Republicans this time next year to help fix it. 

THAT, my friend, is leverage.

No... what the Democrats (and their media) will do is blame the debacle on Republicans (who will rightly refuse to help rescue a failing system) while the Progressive infrastructure launches an already-planned campaign for a full government takeover of health care. That has always been the plan.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:00 am »
No... what the Democrats (and their media) will do is blame the debacle on Republicans (who will rightly refuse to help rescue a failing system) while the Progressive infrastructure launches an already-planned campaign for a full government takeover of health care. That has always been the plan.

You my friend are exactly right........we will here again at the time that it is *too big to let fail*....
Support the USO

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 01:18:48 am »
*too big to let fail*....

= Too big to let exist in reality.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 01:22:44 am »

Tell me how that happens.  If the GOP keeps the House and can take the Senate, there's no way that happens.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 01:32:20 am »

exactly... unfortunately,  sink is unable to think beyond the stock market opening tomorrow...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:31 am »
Tell me how that happens.  If the GOP keeps the House and can take the Senate, there's no way that happens.

You're irritating as hell, but not stupid... it happens because already all the PRIVATE insurance carriers are folding like a house of cards.  There will be no alternative but single payer which is what Obama, Reid and Pelosi have wanted from day one... and people like you are helping them get their wish.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 01:40:23 am »
You're irritating as hell, but not stupid... it happens because already all the PRIVATE insurance carriers are folding like a house of cards.  There will be no alternative but single payer which is what Obama, Reid and Pelosi have wanted from day one... and people like you are helping them get their wish.

Well, it remains to be seen if insurers are folding. These subsidies are huge gravy trains for insurers, and I expect some other insurers to get into these exchanges.  Deductibles are sky high.

And if people are left without insurance, what forces single payer?   

No, what will happen is that few people will sign up, Obamacare won't be able to finance itself, and the entire system will simply limp along, with some people on it, others remaining without insurance until a Republican government comes along and replaces it with a market-based solution.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 01:42:25 am »
exactly... unfortunately,  sink is unable to think beyond the stock market opening tomorrow...

In one post you say I'm stupid, in another you say I'm not stupid. 

I don't think you can tell the difference.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 02:06:34 am »
In one post you say I'm stupid, in another you say I'm not stupid. 

I don't think you can tell the difference.

Where did I say in what you quoted here that you are stupid?  I leave those platitudes to you.   No, I think you have an ulterior motive to make sure Obamacare isn't shot down.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 02:15:08 am »
Where did I say in what you quoted here that you are stupid?  I leave those platitudes to you.   No, I think you have an ulterior motive to make sure Obamacare isn't shot down.

In case you haven't noticed (and you may not have because the shutdown is the big news), Obamacare is shooting itself down.  I think these continued technical issues are going to cascade, and Obama is going to have to delay the whole thing because nobody will be able to sign up.

You have completely and totally misjudged me.  Sometimes, a disagreement is just a disagreement.   You think anyone who disagrees with you has a character defect.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 08:11:06 am »
In case you haven't noticed (and you may not have because the shutdown is the big news), Obamacare is shooting itself down.  I think these continued technical issues are going to cascade, and Obama is going to have to delay the whole thing because nobody will be able to sign up.

I'm really enjoying your posts Sinkspur.  I'd chime in with my two cents, but you're expressing my opinion at least as well as I could, and probably better.  Thank you for pointing out the other factors to the issues.  It makes this a better forum for exploring what's going on. 

As far as your detractors, I find it helpful to use the ignore list for anyone who is more interested in fighting me personally than defending their opinion.  I only have 1 person on the ignore list, but you can't imagine how much nicer it makes reading replies if your not already using it.  I figure that poster never posted anything worth reading anyways. 

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm often proud of the number of vicious things other say about me.  It means my comments were too dangerous to ignore.

The sad thing about the rancor here is I think this place has some incredible talent.  I think it could have a great future and that is due to the dedication of a lot of people who I disagree with politically.  Dedication in posting articles and some taking an inordinate amount of time to make their heart felt opinions be heard.  And I respect their opinion.  I believe that the right wing and centrists of our party mostly disagree on tactics.  My tactics and Ann Coulter's tactics are the same.  Win elections.  period.  Or said another way defeat rats every time.  That is how I believe we move the country to the right.  I hate Obamacare as much as anyone, but it wasn't stopped with 41 votes in the House, and it won't be stopped by a fool's errand.

It's too soon to see where the fallout will land on the shutdown.  The damage to the GOP brand may not remain once an agreement is met.  Nov 2014 is a long ways off.  Perhaps our party needs to go to the extremes to find the boundaries where it need to be.  Maybe we need a Goldwater election to correct our course.  I hope not.

I agree Obamacare will be crushed by it's own design.