Author Topic: McConnell-Reid Deal Includes $2 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project...  (Read 5132 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: McConnell-Reid Deal Includes $2 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project...
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 01:27:42 am »
Please, for the love of Pete. There is absolutely no legal equivalence between an interstate commerce system, built by private contractors across all contiguous states, for the benefit of all citizens... and a pork barrel project for the benefit of a single U.S. Senator and a handful of his contributors. The Constitution has a Commerce clause, not a Kentucky dam clause.

Have you been studying up on Obama's straw man arguments? You should: he's really good at promoting logical fallacies.

This project affects four states.  McConnell's name wasn't even on this appropriation.

You're smart, but you jump offside several times a day.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 01:28:21 am »
In the mean time we wonder why this country is 90 trillion in debt and the debt is growing.  If I was a trial lawyer Sinkspur would be my evidence before the jury.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 01:29:56 am »
In the mean time we wonder why this country is 90 trillion in debt and the debt is growing.  If I was a trial lawyer Sinkspur would be my evidence before the jury.

If you were a trial lawyer, you'd starve to death.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 01:41:45 am »
This project affects four states.  McConnell's name wasn't even on this appropriation.

You're smart, but you jump offside several times a day.

One state, four states: what's the difference? It isn't a proper or Constitutional use of my tax dollars, especially when we are broke and buying our own debt - oh, that will end well.  If you don't think McConnell didn't get money or favors for this little deal, you are painfully naive.

And I'm not "offside", I'm on the side of the taxpayer who is getting robbed by criminals who pretend to be representing us. It's our damn money, not theirs.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 01:44:17 am »
One state, four states: what's the difference? It isn't a proper or Constitutional use of my tax dollars, especially when we are broke and buying our own debt - oh, that will end well.  If you don't think McConnell didn't get money or favors for this little deal, you are painfully naive.

And I'm not "offside", I'm on the side of the taxpayer who is getting robbed by criminals who pretend to be representing us. It's our damn money, not theirs.

Every time we turn around they are robbing from all of us to pay off their cronies.  A few weeks ago Sink was crowing about how little people were going to have to pay for Obamacare - because they get SUBSIDIES.  As if those subsidies just materialize out of thin air and not our of our pockets.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 01:51:21 am »

So sue. 

I'll bet those Tennesseans, and Ohioans, and Kentuckians who have jobs on this project  don't think this is a worthless project.  Nor do any of the representatives or Senators from those states.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 01:53:36 am »
Every time we turn around they are robbing from all of us to pay off their cronies.  A few weeks ago Sink was crowing about how little people were going to have to pay for Obamacare - because they get SUBSIDIES.  As if those subsidies just materialize out of thin air and not our of our pockets.

You lie again.

I NEVER said that people were going to have pay "little" for Obamacare.  I have posted articles and made comments that contradict what you're saying.

Stop lying about what I say, Rap.  Please.

Offline Carling

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 02:15:09 am »
LOL!!!  Whether it had to be attached to this bill or not, it would have been attached to some bill.

Projects like this don't die in mid-stream, not when they're favored by both parties.

Of course it would have, but attaching it to THIS bill is nothing more than a payoff.  Sorry if you can't understand this ... it's the way DC has worked for, well, forever. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 02:16:55 am »
Of course it would have, but attaching it to THIS bill is nothing more than a payoff.  Sorry if you can't understand this ... it's the way DC has worked for, well, forever.

I understand it, you understand it. 

If it's worked that way forever, why do you think it would be any different this time?

Offline Carling

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 02:17:49 am »
So sue.

...and, that's where this guy just lost his argument. 

Attaching this to the bill opens up McConnell to criticism.  I happened to like the guy before this obvious kickback. 

Offline Carling

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 02:19:18 am »
Sinkspur, I agree with you more often than not, because I fancy myself a realist.

That said, defending this obvious quid pro quo doesn't do anybody on the right any good.  It happened, now it's time to regroup and look toward the 2014 mid-terms. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 02:21:55 am »
So sue. 

I'll bet those Tennesseans, and Ohioans, and Kentuckians who have jobs on this project  don't think this is a worthless project.  Nor do any of the representatives or Senators from those states.

Yes, that's Congress' function: to fund jobs projects paid for by the citizens of other states. I can't imagine why America is circling the bowl.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 02:23:41 am »
Sinkspur, I agree with you more often than not, because I fancy myself a realist.

That said, defending this obvious quid pro quo doesn't do anybody on the right any good.  It happened, now it's time to regroup and look toward the 2014 mid-terms.

McConnell's name was not on the appropriation request.  Lamar Alexander (whose state also benefits from this dam) sponsored it.

If you want to be pissed at somebody, be pissed at him.

I get it that everybody here hates Mitch McConnell.  I don't.