Author Topic: Fox & Friends Ratings Up Big with Elisabeth Hasselbeck  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Fox & Friends Ratings Up Big with Elisabeth Hasselbeck
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:41:41 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-ratings-up-big-with-elisabeth-hasselbeck/

In the first full month since Elisabeth Hasselbeck joined Fox & Friends, the show has seen some significant ratings increases. Compared to the third quarter of 2013, the show was up 16% in total viewers (from 1.058M in Q3 to 1.226M 9/16-10/11) and 22% in the key 25-54 demo (from 236K to 289K).

The show continues to dominate its morning show competition on CNN and MSNBC, with Fox & Friends regularly coming out ahead of New Day and Morning Joe in both total viewers and the demo. Just last week the Fox show had its highest rated week for the entire year in the 25-54 demo (excluding the week of the Boston Marathon Bombing).

While Hasselbeck’s new position certainly seems secure on Fox & Friends, her replacement on The View, Jenny McCarthy, may not be as safe. Radar Online quoted an anonymous production source Monday who said “ABC has begun doing deep research on Jenny’s work on the show and the initial findings are that viewers want to tune out the second she opens her mouth,” adding, “The data has revealed that she is FAR more off-putting than Elisabeth.”

Earlier in the year, before the shakeup that moved Hasselbeck to Fox and McCarthy to The View, the show conducted research that showed Hasselbeck and now former host Joy Behar were too “polarizing” for The View’s audience.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Fox & Friends Ratings Up Big with Elisabeth Hasselbeck
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »
Hmmm, and here I swore I read here that Fox and Friends ratings were suffering since Hasselbeck's arrival.  :pondering:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:01:57 pm »
Hmmm, and here I swore I read here that Fox and Friends ratings were suffering since Hasselbeck's arrival.  :pondering:

Well, I don't 'see' it.

Gretchen Carlson was very good.  Hasselbeck seems a bit unsure...not confident, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:27:53 pm »
Gretchen Carlson was very good.  Hasselbeck seems a bit unsure...not confident, etc..

Gretchen was too liberal for Fox's audience...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 08:34:39 pm »
I quit watching Fox after November 2012. I don't watch much news at all anymore.
But, when I did watch the morning shows I found that:

Morning Joe had a fantastic format. It was like a bunch of people around the breakfast table discussing things. Casual, but not silly. Unfortunately, the people on Morning Joe are obnoxious beyond words.

F&F is just too silly. Steve is way too pleased with himself. Brian is like that guy who wanted to be class clown but just wasn't all that funny. I liked Gretchen, but sometimes she tried too hard to have gravitas.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 08:42:29 pm »

I never thought of Gretchen as liberal.  She was really angry when Obama & company closed her dad's Chrysler dealership that he'd had for years.
It was during the time that Obama seem to single out the republican dealerships for closure and she was on that story for a couple of weeks. 
Of course, she could be a liberal but I know she has no affection for Obama.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 08:55:23 pm »

Was?   Try IS.  She has a new program, I tried watching it once and no more, I'd rather switch to HGTV than watch her again.  No wonder F&F is up... of course the great seer here Sinkspur swore it would TANK with Hasselbeck.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 09:19:56 pm »
Has Phil Griffin called for an investigation yet?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024