Author Topic: Hannity: ‘It may be time for a new conservative party in America’  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Hannity: ‘It may be time for a new conservative party in America’
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 10:51:54 pm »
Oh, c'mon, Andy58-in-nh. Name a bigger "scold" than Barack Obama. Okay: Michael Bloomberg Surely you can come up with a 3rd name who is nothing but a scold in the same manner as they are. And who better fulfills this dictum: People are not going to follow a scold.  They never have and they never will.  :silly:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 02:23:05 am »
A third party would guarantee Democrat rule for a generation!

What needs to happen is the completion of the conservative takeover of the Republican party already well underway!

I have always agreed with this statement, but I believe there may be a factor this time that could change that usual paradigm... it is....... (you'll have to wait until I finish this write-up)..

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 03:15:43 am »
[[ The GOP is either a conservative, free-market individualist party, or it is nothing. ]]

How have the Republicans actually behaved as a party in recent years, particularly since G.W. Bush left office?

Would you best characterize their behavior as being that of:
1. a "conservative, free-market individualist party", or...
2. something else?

[[ They don't think anything is worth fighting for. Except their own jobs, of course.
So let them walk. Or boot 'em. ]]

The "GOP elite" branch of the Republican party isn't going anywhere voluntarily. There's too much money and established power backing them. But more importantly, their "backs" are covered by the democrats AND the "mainstream media".

Look at it this way. If you're a 'rat politician like Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi, who better to have around than guys like Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and John Boehner to serve as your personal knock-down clowns?

So you fight against them in public "for show", but you sure as heck don't want 'em actually goin' anywhere!

All this talk about how "the Republican party must change"...
Well, it sure _does_ seem to be changing, of late.
Changing into irrelevance.

Much talk, on this forum (and on others) from establishment types who claim that there's no chance the Pubbies could ever fall by the wayside as a new party emerges onto the scene. A historical impossibility, they'll tell you. Yet all we have to do is look back to the 1850's to see what happens to a party that no longer offers a compelling reason for its existence, and is unwilling to mount an effective opposition in defense of its philosophies.

Nope, that can't happen here, they'll once more assert.

What did George Santayana‎ say?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:24:46 am by Fishrrman »

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 03:27:34 am »

The "GOP elite" branch of the Republican party isn't going anywhere voluntarily. There's too much money and established power backing them. But more importantly, their "backs" are covered by the democrats AND the "mainstream media".

Look at it this way. If you're a 'rat politician like Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi, who better to have around than guys like Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and John Boehner to serve as your personal knock-down clowns?

So you fight against them in public "for show", but you sure as heck don't want 'em actually goin' anywhere!

Nailed it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 04:17:48 am »
As I mentioned in my previous comment, the rest of my thoughts (I'll proof-read and edit more tomorrow when I have some coffee in me).

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,116612.0.html

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 07:49:38 am »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 08:47:23 am »
No one is giving the RNC any money, whether such donations are legally unlimited or not.

We're not going to work the phones or knock on doors any more. I know dozens of people who have done this every election year (like me) and we are agreed - no more.

Many of us have already re-registered as Independents.

From the GOP's perspective, you've kicked yourself out of the party.  You don't support the GOP.  The threat of a rat winning holds no fear for you.  I used to raise funds for my state GOP.  I would only listen to a prospective donor if I held hope he would give.  Why should we listen to you?  Why should we care what you think if we can't get your vote, time, or money? 

Could you explain why conservatives think the best way to diminish the power or the RINOs is to withhold support to the GOP?  Do you not think the GOP would be forced to find votes on the left to replace conservative support? 

http://www.politico.com/politicoinfluence/0813/politicoinfluence11490.html

RNC OUTRAISES DNC BY $2 MILLION: The Republican National Committee has posted another month of strong fundraising, besting its Democratic counterpart by about $2 million. The RNC raised $5.9 million in July, against the $3.8 million posted by the Democratic National Committee. The RNC had $12.3 million cash on hand at the end of July. The DNC has $4.1 million cash on hand but an $18 million debt hole left to work out of. “There’s great energy in the Republican Party, and we stand united behind the cause of building a permanent, nationwide campaign,” RNC chairman Reince Priebus said in a statement.

The GOP will be happy to vote for you in your absence when we take back the Senate and White House. :vote: