Author Topic: Obama: Boehner ‘can’t control' caucus  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Boehner ‘can’t control' caucus
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:30:47 am »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/10/obama-on-boehner-he-cant-control-his-caucus-175133.html?hp=l4

Obama on Boehner: 'He can't control his caucus'

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
10/15/13 4:47 PM EDT

President Obama on Tuesday defended his efforts to compromise, and said the problem lies in House Speaker John Boehner's inability to control Republican House members.

"The problem that we’ve got is that for Speaker Boehner, for example, him negotiating with me isn’t necessarily good for the extreme faction in his caucus. It weakens him," Obama said in an interview with New York's WABC. "So there’ve been repeated situations where we have agreements, then he goes back and it turns out that he can’t control his caucus."

"The challenge here is: Can you deliver on agreements that are made? Are you able to come up with sensible, bipartisan compromises and deliver on them?" the president asked, suggesting he's been able to do it, while Boehner has struggled. "One thing that I’ve shown is that if I say I’m prepared to compromise on something, I can deliver votes and we can get it done," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34