Author Topic: Police activity prompts lockdowns at Galveston school - Breaking.  (Read 926 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Police-activity-prompts-lockdowns-at-Galveston-4896468.php

Galveston Independent School District has placed three schools on lockdown Tuesday morning after police activity began in their neighborhoods.

Oppe, Parker and Early Childhood University are under lockdown as a precaution, the district's website announced.

Officials said students will not be able to leave campus once they arrived.

No information was available about what led to the police activity.

Developing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Police activity prompts lockdowns at Galveston school - Breaking.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:19:57 pm »
As a parent of elementary school child, I can tell you a lock-down can be terrifying. Last year on my son’s birthday I came home and noticed a police helicopter and a couple of news helicopter over my son’s school (a mile away). Another parent came driving by and told me the whole school was on lock-down, and all roads in are blocked by police and there were dozens of police, FBI, and SWAT vehicles on school property.  I immediately drove as near as I could get to find out what was going on. He was right about the number of police cars. 24 of them they later said on the news.
Turned out a couple of 6th grade girls played a prank on another and told her to stay in the bathroom because a man was in the school with a gun.  The prank quickly got out of hand when the girl ran out of the bathroom to the office screaming about the man with a gun.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn