Author Topic: Trump: GOP Could Win Budget Battle by Losing Fear of Press  (Read 774 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: GOP Could Win Budget Battle by Losing Fear of Press
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:12:33 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=530994

Newsmax
Trump: GOP Could Win Budget Battle by Losing Fear of Press
Monday, October 14, 2013 05:59 PM

By: Greg Richter

Republicans have all the cards and could be beating Democrats in the budget battle if half of them weren't afraid of the press, Donald Trump says.

Appearing Monday on Fox News Channel's "Your World,"  the real estate mogul said President Barack Obama is winning in the press.

That's scaring some Republicans, he said, forcing them to push for a deal even if it isn't the right deal. Most Democrats agree the United States should not be saddled with a $17 trillion debt, he said.

Urgent: Should GOP Stick to Its Guns on Obamacare? Vote Here. 

"It's very hard when you have a lot of people out there saying, let's make any deal just to get this over with," Trump said. "That's not what it's all about. It's really about saving the country."

Trump spoke as reports surfaced that a tentative deal  had been reached to raise the debt ceiling until mid-February and extend government funding through mid-January.

Reagan administration economist Art Laffer said he agreed with Trump, but wants to see a deal reached before too much damage is done.

"I want to make sure that when we take over — whether it be in '14 or '16 or whenever —  that people can come together — Democrats and Republicans — they've not said so many hostile things and nasty name-calling that we can actually have a bipartisan administration like we did with Reagan," Laffer said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump: GOP Could Win Budget Battle by Losing Fear of Press
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 01:22:49 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump: GOP Could Win Budget Battle by Losing Fear of Press
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:23:40 pm »
In this case the Donald is 100% right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien