Author Topic: The CW trims 'Reign' masturbation scene  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

The CW trims 'Reign' masturbation scene
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

Re: The CW trims 'Reign' masturbation scene
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:24:14 AM »
So Reign may take on European history ...
I believe I've read that the producers of this show haven't even attempted to portray history accurately, from the costumes to the events depicted. Not that it matters to the low-information, Miley Cyrus-level audience...
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
I believe I've read that the producers of this show haven't even attempted to portray history accurately, from the costumes to the events depicted. Not that it matters to the low-information, Miley Cyrus-level audience...

Which is what the CW is.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »
I rather like costume dramas and after having watched "The White Queen" on AMC was considering giving this show a go.

Not so much anymore.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
I'm watching it.  So far so good.  The costumes are beautiful as is the scenery.  The young girl playing Mary Queen of Scots is beautiful.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 11:32:41 PM »
From what I have read so far, no wonder I gave up TV and cable 10 years ago.
What a cesspool.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »
Going on three years without a TV... Or a wife... who was always watching TV.

I got a Twofer in this deal.

By the way, what is CW anyway?
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 02:04:15 AM »
By the way, what is CW anyway?

From its own website:

The CW Network was formed as a joint venture between Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS Corporation. The CW is America's fifth broadcast network and the only network targeting women 18-34.

The network's primetime schedule includes such popular series as The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, America's Next Top Model, Reign, Hart of Dixie, The Tomorrow People, Supernatural, Nikita, Beauty and the Beast, and The Originals.

CW is one of those networks which have proliferated since the advent of cable. I have never watched much of what they offer and despite Rapunzel's reserved approval of "The Reign" shall probably not watch that show either. OTOH, the deleted masturbation scene may have been put out there for the publicity it garnered. Either way, a part of the show or for publicity, that is too indicative of the kinds of creepy minds behind the network and this production.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 03:39:35 AM »
There wasn't any sex scenes.  The costuming and the scenery were magnificent,. Definitely aimed at the 18-34 age groups as the music they used in one scene was definitely out of place for the era, but over all very mild compared to The Tudors - though the Tudors is definitely more "adult" entertainment being on Showtime.  The young lady playing Mary is very, very pretty (Mary was not reported to be particularly pretty) and the kid playing Francis is okay..  Oh another thing all her ladies in waiting have names other than Mary.  Anyone who knows the real history is aware all her "ladies" - ever single one - was named Mary same as her.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 08:17:40 AM »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf